We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

painted umbrella (parasol)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
painted umbrella (parasol)

Hey everyone,

Will I be able to find these in Bangkok? Does anyone know how much they are and am I able to bring them back to Australia with no problems?

Thank you

Sharon

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,096 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: painted umbrella (parasol)

Although Fans are more common around Bangkok, I have seen the umbrellas pop up . I know I have seen them in MBNK, from time to time.

If your holiday includes a visit to Chiangmai, that's where to shop for them. Chiangmai is the origin of them. There you can visit the factory and get a massive selection at great pricing.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: painted umbrella (parasol)

I am afraid that you may have a problem getting them into Australia (there was a comment some time back on the forum), mainly because they are made from Saa paper which may contain seeds and other vegetable matter, that may Customs concern.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
3. Re: painted umbrella (parasol)

Thanks for the info Curt and Yonny.. Is that the same for the fans Yonny?

Sharon

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: painted umbrella (parasol)

Yes, if they are the ones made from Saa paper - but some are plastic! Just have to check that.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
5. Re: painted umbrella (parasol)

Thank you..

Sharon

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,096 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: painted umbrella (parasol)

Didn't have a problem with bringing fans into the States.

But, being as isolated as it is, and problems it's had in the past, Australian Customs/Agriculture might be a bit more particular.

7. Re: painted umbrella (parasol)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 29, 2009