We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

temples and rules about dress code

south of england
Level Contributor
1,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
temples and rules about dress code

hi guys

we are of to bangkok next week and the weather seems to be getting hotter , can any one tell me about the dress code in the temples .I mormaly wear cropped or 3/4 lenght trousers and a polo or t shirt ,leather sandels with no socks , not open toe sandels , is this ok and what about ladies , do they have to abide by any rules .

thanks guys

gazza

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: temples and rules about dress code

I found this very useful.

http://www.tourwithtong.com/tourtips.htm

hope this helps.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,485 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: temples and rules about dress code

Basically, cover your shoulders and your knees. No spaghetti strap tops, singlets, sleeveless shirts etc. T-shirts and polo shirts are fine. Long pants or skirts are most appropriate. For the Grand Palace, no flip flops, but sandals covering the heel are OK. At other temples, you have to take off your shoes anyway.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: temples and rules about dress code

I was wondering about this too. For females, if we wear long shorts that cover our knees is this acceptable or does it need to be a skirt below the knees or long pants?

4. Re: temples and rules about dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 23, 2009