We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few hours' sleep at the airport?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cyprus
Level Contributor
28 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
A few hours' sleep at the airport?

Hello

We are flying to Sydney in July with a stopover in Bangkok. The drawback is that we fly into Bangkok at about 6am, and the onward flight to Sydney does not depart until about 6pm. Rather than hanging around the airport for 12 hours with nothing to do, we would be interested in getting our heads down for a few hours. Can anyone recommend any convenient airport hotels which would allow us to do this, without having to pay for two nights’ accommodation?

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few hours' sleep at the airport?

In the airport, both Louis Tavern and the Novotel have day rooms. Suggest a google to get the rather expensive rates.

American Canyon...
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A few hours' sleep at the airport?

Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel,I highly recommend this hotel for a stopover.I stayed here one night on my way from Italy to Sydney,and enjoyed every minute. I was exhausted when I arrived, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. My room was fine, huge bed, large bathroom and very quiet. The breakfast buffes was the best I have ever had in a hotel anywhere. Although expensive, it is worth every penny for the weary traveller.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A few hours' sleep at the airport?

If you or your partner are from Cyprus you will need to get a Visa on arrival before you can leave the airport and you may also have to pay the airport tax again as you leave.

With a 12 hour layover there are a few questions.

Are you with the same airline

Is your luggage checked through to Aus?

I would suggest if your luggage is checked through then you use Louis Tavern, which is airside.

Louis latest rates seen are

Hours/people/superior/standard

4 1 THB 2,200 THB 2,000

4 2 THB 2,400 THB 2,200

4 3 THB 3,500 THB 2,900

6 1 THB 3,200 THB 2,900

6 2 THB 3,400 THB 3,100

6 3 THB 4,950 THB 4,050

8 1 THB 4,200 THB 3,800

8 2 THB 4,400 THB 4,000

8 3 THB 6,400 THB 5,200

Hope this helps you.

4. Re: A few hours' sleep at the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 27, 2009