We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

Clifton Beach...
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

Any recommendations of eating out, drinking, site seeing, shopping.

All comments welcome

Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

Hi manz

Every time we stay in Bankok we stay at the Amari Watergate which has several good restraunts

and also has a henry j beans bar downstairs which is good after a few drinks you only have to find the lift to get to your room sometimes difficult after happy hour.the shopping in walking distance to the hotel is good we think its the best.you havent enough time to do the tours I would recommend but there is A tour guide on the 1st floor of the hotel whom you wil find helpful but try to barter with the price.Iam sure you will want to go back.

Ron Bedford

Australia

Clifton Beach...
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

Thanx for the info.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

Don't miss the Grand Palace, Wat Po, Wat Arun etc they are amazing themselves!!

I also recommend the Loy Nava dinner cruise at sunset down the Cha Praya river. Might seem a little expensive compared to usual Thai prices but the quality of the food is superb as well as the service, traditional thai music/dancing etc

I would highly recommend this and the views of Bangkok at night are spectacular!

Here is the link to their site and if you book online you get a discount. They also pick up/drop off at your hotel.

http://www.loynava.com/

Otherwise go with the flow and Enjoy!

Hope this helps

Nikki

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

eating - crepes n co, mahanagra, cabbages and condoms

shopping - platinum mall, mbk, jatuchak

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

Hi,

I'm sure you'll enjoy this city ... even though it is an "overload" for all your senses ;-)

Have a look at my Blog post about Thailand. The section about Bangkok is quite extensive and make sure to read the Tips for Starters:

…blogspot.com/2007/01/thailand-december-2006…

Enjoy,

Greg

Muntinlupa...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

Hi. Dine at "Fogo Vivo", a Brazilian churrascaria (barbeque) under the Intercontinental hotel in Ploenchit Road, Patumwan, near BTS - Chitlom Station. It's an all-you-can-eat barbecue place, with the most salad bar and a very yummy dessert bar. Their dinner rolls is to die for. :-) There are live brazilian dancers, good drinks and interesting people.

New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

Go see music at Brown Sugar on Sarasin Road. Very fun place.

Contrary to other reviews, I'd avoid the hotel restaurants. Not very interesting as compared to other options in Bangkok.

The best Thai food is found in little places off the main thoroughfares. Don't be afraid of what seem like impenetrable places. Just go and order (everything's $3 anyway).

8. Re: First time in Bangkok, for 2 nights.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 19, 2009