We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serviced Apartments in Chinatown?

Auckland, NZ
Level Contributor
336 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Serviced Apartments in Chinatown?

We're thinking of staying somewhere in Chinatown next time we're in Bangkok. As we'll be there for a month we want to have some kitchen facilities, and a balcony. I haven't had much success in tracking down any decent sounding Chinatown accommodation at all, let alone appartments. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or am I being unrealistic?

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Serviced Apartments in Chinatown?

Answer to your question: you are unrealistic. There are no serviced apartments in Chinatown. The closest to Chinatown would be around Silom area close to MRT station. From there it is 2 stops on the underground. Or perhaps from the other end of Charoen Krung you could try accommodation in the area of Saphan Taksin or Surawong Road and get into Chinatown from there.

There are new apartment buildings on the edge of Chinatown but these apts. are longterm leases.

Hotels in Chinatown? Nothing above 2 Star I would say.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
463 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Serviced Apartments in Chinatown?

I have never stayed at any apartments there, but I just saw Oakwood Residence. There are 2 of them and one on Sukhumvit road has just opened. Do a google search, it looks really really nice and the prices seem reasonable. They have 1,2,3 bedroom. Hope this helps.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Serviced Apartments in Chinatown?

If you want cheapish apartment accommodation then the only guide for apartments in Bangkok is available at www.bangkokbag.com

There are apartments in the Chinatown area, but as already stated they lack facilities.

Personally I wouldn't want to stay in that area. It's OK for a visit, but not very glamorous as an area.

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Serviced Apartments in Chinatown?

Oakwood residences are not in Chinatown.

5. Re: Serviced Apartments in Chinatown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, September 18, 2009