We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

Brisbane
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

Help me please!!!

I am looking for a great hotel, extremely close to the Fashion Mall. If you have stayed in one, please share your experience of the hotel with me.

Many thanks

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

Hi

We will be going to Bangkok in April and are staying at Baiyoke Sky hotel which I think is a 15 min walk to Platinum Fashion Mall. Another one is Baiyoke Suite Hotel where this is more apartment style accommodation.

Baiyoke sky is 4 star

Baiyoke Suite is 3 star

I can't wait to go to that mall either, although I have been told that the sizes are quite petite, but I won't know until I get there.

Perth
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

The Grand Diamond Suites Hotel is right next door. Suite style rooms, pool and good breakfast around $100 per night.

The Amari Watergate is over the road. Large rooms, pool, average breakfast. At least $200 per night.

Indra Regent and Baiyoke Sky within walking distance. Both good rooms, pool and good breakfast. Indra around $75 per night, Baiyoke Sky around $90.

Have stayed at all above and quite happy with the cheaper ones, didn't think the Amari was worth the expense, but at least we didn't pay for it!

Arnoma is opposite Central World within walking distance and PJ Watergate as well I believe.

There are plenty of hotels nearby, just look for Pratunam or Petchburi Rd areas, but you will be hard pressed to go past the Grand Diamond for proximity.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

I have been reading about Platinum Fashion Mall, I dont know it, is it relatively new ? I have my favorite shopping haunts in Bangkok and they dont aways include clothes shopping. With this trip I am planning for friends can someone advise if this shopping mall would suit 2 women 50 plus (very modern). I usually stick with Emporium Plaza and Central at Chidlom, also Siam Central.

los angeles
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

we just got back from bangkok and we stayed at Baiyoke Suite. its only about a 5 min walk through the ally to platinum. the hotel was right in the middle of the busy markets , so theres many shopping options. the rooms are a bit old looking but are very big. the staff seem to be ok. breakfst was ok.

one thing about the platinum fashion mall ,its a wholesale and retail market. so when you ask for a price from the shop keepers they ask you how many you are going to buy. the price for one is bit high and the price if you buy three would be cheaper.

good luck

brisbane
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

Another hotel worth mentioning is the FOUR SEASONS INTERNATIONAL HOUSE...it is a hotel in soi 19 which is across the road from PLATINUM SHOPPING MALL and behind the BAIYOKE HOTEL..close to all the discount shopping...cheaper per night then the Baiyoke Sky or the Indira Regent ..a 3 star hotel that we have always found to be good value.Cheaper again though is the FIRST HOUSE HOTEL ..for the budget traveller but also close to all the shopping haunts.

thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,821 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

I Stayed at Centrepoint in November and it was a short stroll down to Platinum.

My review of Centrepoint is here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d593…

Bangkok
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

I have a brnad new furnish large size studio ( with nice view on look to Central World Trade ) in the condo above the Mall, and would like to put on rental.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

Does studio mean there is no separate bedroom to lounge room?

Does it sleep 2 adults and 2 kids?

How much including taxes per night? Is there a website I can look at for photos?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

Grand Diamond. Next door to Platinum Mall, across the road to Pratunam Markets. 50m to Pantip Plaza for dvd's, cd's, electronics & bits and pieces. Bonus is you don't have to fight your way thru the market crowds as you do at Baiyoke etc.

Have stayed there, would recommend it. Usually find the cheapest rates on asiativ.com

10. Re: Hotel close to Platinum Fashion Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 25, 2009