We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels close to airport

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels close to airport

Got a stopover coming up in BKK and looking for a decent hotel near the airport.

Used the Asia before and it was not good and been advised the Amari is not worth the cash. Someone recommended Sofitel Central Plaza as being quite close and pretty good - anyone got any advice?

London
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels close to airport

Depends what you mean 'close to airport'.

If you look on web site hotelthailand.com or any other web based hotel site you will find couple hotels very close to airport with only short transfer. If you mean downtown they also feature full range of hotels.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels close to airport

Yes the Sofitel central Plaza or there are others with free shuttles like Comfort Suites and Quality suites, thry bangkok-stopover-hotels.travelreporter.com and they show you the hotels near the airport, I agree the Amari is expensive but you have to weigh that against it having a walkway from and to the terminal so it depends how much value you put on the 'closeness', Rama Gardens another option

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels close to airport

I've stayed at the Comfort Suites near the airport twice in the last couple of years (not by choice). It is a shabby hotel and directly under the take-off pattern of outgoing aircraft (good luck getting any sleep). Check out the Miracle Grand Hotel on the internet. I've never stayed there but I attended a wedding reception and the conference rooms/lobby areas were nice with an attentive staff. It's closer to the airport than the Sofitel Central Plaza. Finally, I've also stayed at the Amari Airport twice and of course you can't beat the convenience. Elevator from arrivals, enclosed walkway over the highway, and your there. Never accept the internet rates. Call and bargain. Maybe try asking for "UK Embassy rate."

Australia
Level Contributor
448 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels close to airport

I agree, the confort suites is pretty average. The amari tops it for me. THe last thing after a long hual flight you feel like doing is hopping on a bus and waiting for a heap of other transit passengers. Amari is Worth the extra cash

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
118 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels close to airport

I stayed at the Maruay Garden Hotel. About 10-20 min. drive, depending on traffic. A good deal cheaper than other airport hotels. The hotel was OK, would rate it a good 3-stars hotel, nothing to complain. The only problem was that it was difficult on monday morning to catch a taxi at the hotel to go back to the airport. We had to wait more than half an hour... and then it was rush hour which took some time too. But this problem may depend on the time of the day. Maybe the hotel can order a taxi if you tell them the night before?

NY
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels close to airport

You might look at this place, in the airport that was posted by another reviewer. I have not personally stayed there, but my next layover I would seriously consider it just for the convenience.

http://www.miraclegrandhotel.com/dayroom.html

NY
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels close to airport

PS, the website for the Louis Tavern hotel in my previous post is a little confusing, it includes three hotel, the one you want to investigate is the Louis Tavern Day Room,, which is right in the airport

Plymouth
Level Contributor
36 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels close to airport

I stayed at the Rama Gardens for a night during the BA strike a couple of years ago. The hotel was lovely with big bell appointed rooms and nice facilities. It was also quite peaceful as it was far enough away from the airport not to be bothereed by the noise.

Rama Gardens is roughly 1/2 way between the airport and the city, and took approx 20 mins (from memory) to get back to the airport.

kk
fair oaks ca
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels close to airport

Spend the extra money..Do Not stay at the Quality Suites..Filthy..smelly..moldy..rude staff..

Hope this helps

KK

BKK
Level Contributor
363 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels close to airport

Yes, there are many interesting hotels. Amari airport is so closed within air-con. walking distances. I skip Comfort Suites to Miracle Grand, a new one, not far from airport and Rama Gardens which is just like a garden hotel, peaceful, surroundings by trees.

Sofitel Central is more far but it's connected to a big department store "Central" where you can get relax and enjoy shopping.