We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area around Sanam Pao BTS station?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
305 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Area around Sanam Pao BTS station?

Hi, my family (with children) will visit Bangkok early next year. We will stayed in an area very near to Sanam Pao BTS station. Could anyone please tell me about the safety, traffic & shops in this area? Thank you.

lancs
Level Contributor
110 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area around Sanam Pao BTS station?

Hi

Sanam Pao is a locals area. I sometimes go jogging around there and I've never seen another farang. The area is as safe as anywhere else but I would not recommend it for a holiday stay.

If you want to stay north of Siam then I would look at Victory Monument ( 1 stop south on BTS from Sanam Pao ) or Ratchatewi. There's quite a few hotels around here, with shops, restaurants,bars etc.

If you need more info on a particular area or hotel then I can try and help.

Cheers

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Area around Sanam Pao BTS station?

I agree..

How about Asia Hotel?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
305 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area around Sanam Pao BTS station?

Thanks for all your information & suggestion.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area around Sanam Pao BTS station?

Sanam Pao is on Phahonyothin Rd

IMHO is should be a relatively safe area as you have a lot of Rich thais living in Soi 5

There is a Villa Supermarket one station away

That station is called Ari

You have lots of food available in the evening

There is a good seafood restaurant down the road which operates from 4pm to 4 am

5. Re: Area around Sanam Pao BTS station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 14, 2009