We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Postage from Thailand to UK

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Postage from Thailand to UK

We are travelling out to Thailand on 9th November and plan to do as much of our Christmas shopping there as possible, we were hoping to post it to the UK but were wondering how long it would take to reach the UK. I'm guessing that sending a parcel by surface mail nid-late November I don't stand a chance of it getting here before Christmas but was wondering if Airmail would be quicker.

Any tips would be greatfully received.

Many thanks

Bobbie :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Postage from Thailand to UK

Im pretty sure like most places Thailand will have an express post option for a little $ extra which would be your safest option.

Hopefully someone who knows specifically can help you out.

Kim

San Francisco
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Postage from Thailand to UK

SunshineHoney,

you're right, if there is such thing like surface mail from Thailand to England, it will take ages ! Costs for sending it by airmail of course depends solely on weight. Just as a comparison for you, I was sending a fairly small parcel ( 2.1 kg ) via airmail from Bangkok to San Francisco about 8 weeks ago. It cost me 1,450 Thai Baht, what is very close to 22 British Pounds !!!!!!!!! To send to England won't be much less expensive. Hope this helps a little.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Postage from Thailand to UK

You could always DHL your pressy back to UK

Check with your local DHL office on prices in UK gefore you leave.

This site http://tinyurl.com/3adkyq has the prices from UK to Thailand

I cannot find the prices on the DHL site for package from Thailamd

Could also check Amex as well.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Postage from Thailand to UK

be careful if your sending replica items in the box back to the UK. The box could end up being confiscated due to whats in there. I have heard this has happened to someone before on here sending replica items back to the UK

Last year i didn't want to risk it sending bags etc back to Aus. So instead i sent back my clothes that i wasn't going to be wearing for the next 5 days and other shopping i got like cushion covers bed covers etc. The box arrived the day i got home. So it all worked out fine. The box weighed almost 10kg and cost me via ems approx $200AU.

Cheers,

Izzy

Pattaya
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Postage from Thailand to UK

There's no such thing as surface Mail as far as I am aware from Thailand to the UK it would take too long, everything goes by Airmail unless you send a tea chest size box of items through the container port which costs a fortune anyway.

Approx cost here is just under 1Bht per Gram plus a bit extra if you want to pay the Insurance, the last padded envelope that I sent back to the UK with DVD's in cost 290 Bht for 325 Gms + 55 Bht Insurance , sent a 1KG parcel last Christmas cost me around 1200 but I did ask for 3000 Bhts worth of insurance, as for the delivery time it is normally 7 to 10 days but has been as quick as 5 days before, these costs and time are from Pattaya so should be cheaper and slightly quicker from Bangkok, one piece of advice I would also give is use the Thai Post Office, I once used one of the postal agents here and it was the only time the item never arrived.

6. Re: Postage from Thailand to UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 12, 2009