We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shaved head

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
shaved head

this might seem like a silly question but...

i'm planning to shave my head when i get to bangkok (i've never done it before, and i figure i might as well do it when i'm away from home for a few weeks - give it chance to grow back if it looks ridiculous!)

it might also combat the heat a bit...

is this a bad idea for any reason? anywhere particular i could get this done? does the khao san road, for example, have barbers where a westerner can just walk in and get scalped?!

cheers

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shaved head

Thisisn't a problem. I have my head shaved. Bring handkerchefs if your not used to the heat. As to barbers, they are everywhere. Any beauty salon also. Just go in and tell them what you want. BTW, I would recommend you do this. Get up in morning, find beauty/barber near your hotel, (ask concierge or employee if you can't find), go in, get, shave, haircut, pedicure, and manicure. Can even get massage. Dirt cheap! That's how I start every morning in Bangkok. LOl.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shaved head

dont forget the scalp will be sensative to the sunlight that it doesnt usually see , so your head will probably end up looking like a lobster .... make sure you take a hat !

cheers

batt

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: shaved head

Go for it, I did a similar thing some time back. Just remember to use some high factor sun block aswell as a hat.

Dave

oh yea, I never really let mine grow again, you quickly get used to either being a slap head or a suede, depends on your choice mate

Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: shaved head

Why not wear a saffron robe and carry a bowl with you. You might even subsidize your trip. LOL

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shaved head

A lot of foreigners seem to do this style in Bangkok.

Maybe it's because half of them are middle aged and going bald anyway?

buy a hat cos the sun will burn you otherwise.

6. Re: shaved head

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 11, 2009