We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok

Vancouver, BC Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Outdoor Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok

Hi,

Years ago we ended up in a beautiful outdoor seafood restaurant somewhere in Bangkok. It was large, but lovely with lots of outdoor seating in a garden setting with tanks of seafood to choose from.

It was NOT the Seafood Market and Restaurant, it is much more cozy, intimate and well lit with fairy lights amidst the tables and trees.

Does anyone know which restaurant this might be?

Thanks in advance!

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok

I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Was it expensive? It looks just lovely!

Vancouver, BC Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok

Thank you for your reply. It was 20 years ago and in a park-like setting, definately not on the river but with low decks and winding bridges. The website says this restaurant has moved recently, are you suggesting it used to be the one I am referring to?

If not, this looks like a lovely setting.

Would you recommend the Fisherman's Seafood Restuarant over the Bang Klan Nam or Kaloang, both on the Chao Phraya?

And if anyone knows the restaurant I am thinking of from 20 years ago and it still exists, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Vancouver, BC Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok

Can anyone recommend the Fisherman's Seafood Restuarant over the Bang Klan Nam or Kaloang, both on the Chao Phraya?

And if anyone knows the restaurant I am thinking of from 20 years ago and it still exists, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
484 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdoor Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok

Its sounds like a restaurant we went to called Cabbages and Condoms (i know its talked about alot on this forum) its located on soi 13 i think on Sukumvit Road. This place is lovely and it serves mainly seafood, set outside (also has inside area) with absolutely loads of fairy lights hanging from the trees. We loved this place as its like no where we have been before and so pretty at night. I dont know how long this place has been going and i hope this is the place you are refering to - hats off to them if they have been running that place for over 20 years.

Vancouver, BC Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outdoor Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok

Best Seafood Restaurant: Can anyone recommend the Fisherman's Seafood Restaurant over the Bang Klan Nam or Kaloang, all on the Chao Phraya?

Thanks for the advice on Cabbages and Condoms, it is on my list!

California
Level Contributor
2,108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outdoor Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok

Hi:

Cab & Con . is on my list for a going out dinner in my upcoming

visit to Bangkok November, 2007.

Enjoy,

7. Re: Outdoor Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 12, 2009