We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday inn silom bangkok

ontario
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
holiday inn silom bangkok

I noticed on the candid photos of the pool that there is a metal frame over the pool.

Is this some kind of construction or something else?

does anyone happen to know who has stayed there.

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday inn silom bangkok

The "structure" you've seen on photos is a shelter/cover which extends about half way along the pool.It's in need of some cleaning up and painting plus there were a couple of the perspex sheets missing last time we stayed there(Nov 05)

It's not a problem as the area around the pool is quite large so you can either get sun or hide from it as you wish.

H

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday inn silom bangkok

Sorry! I just looked at the photos and first the "structure" extends further down the pool than I remember and second there are 2 photos taken at different times,one shows the sheets in place the second it's been stripped and by the looks of it they've started to renovate it.

No matter my earlier post stands.

As an aside what made you choose this hotel in this part of town?

H

ontario
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday inn silom bangkok

I have read postive reviews on the whole regarding the Holiday Inn silom and the price is pretty good.

From what I've read its walkable to the river and close to the skytrain so I thought being a firsttimer to Bangkok this would be ideal for us.

Please, if anyone cares to give their two cents regarding the area or the hotel please comment.

thanks

Lincs UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday inn silom bangkok

lonestartor,

I wasn't implying there was anything wrong with either the hotel or the area.We stayed there twice and the hotel is fine,breakfasts as good as any we've had,and they must by now have refurb'd all the rooms and public areas.

The area is a bit more lively than the river area but nowhere near as much to do close to the hotel as there is on Sukhumfit road(we stayed there last year for the first time)

My wife has Arthritis and Asthma so cannot walk long distances and so having lots to do close to the hotel was a godsend last year.

H

5. Re: holiday inn silom bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 09, 2009