We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Flights to Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
prescot
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Qatar Flights to Bangkok

Has anybody experience of the Qatar flights Manchester-Doha-Bangkok ? The timetable only gives 1 hour 20 minutes between flights at Doha. Has anybody travelled to Bangkok by Qatar from Manchester, and did you make the connection at Doha ?

Manchester U.K
Level Contributor
350 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar Flights to Bangkok

We are flying Qatar - Manchester in 2 weeks (can't wait!). When I reearched the airline I found lots of positive reviews. Here's one that metions the Doha stopover time- and complains about staying too long in the airport!

tripadvisor.com/…6979599

Good luck

Wendy

uk
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar Flights to Bangkok

Hi,

We did this flight out from manchester on the 28th of march .

We have flown to the far east many times ,and this was our best flight ever. With having a short break at Doha the flight seemed much quicker.The transfer was really simple and easy,and both flights were on time. The only thing i did'nt like ,was that when you arrive at Doha airport you have to go in a bus to the terminal,and it seems a long ride.

The food on board was really good ,and you can choose from some great films on your back of seat tv screen.

On our return trip ,21st april, the food was not quite so good, and the wait at Doha is slightly longer, but the airport is ok.Once again all flights were on time.

I would definatly fly with qatar again, very good service,and as i said before, with a quick stop time at Doha ,the flight time seemed to pass very quickly.

Have a great time in Thailand, i really miss it.

Suzi

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar Flights to Bangkok

I don't get your question about the long stay in the airport. Do I miss something? I get the impression that everything went quickly and smoothly. What is a 5 min busride from aircraft to terminal? long?

manchester
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar Flights to Bangkok

just returned after a fantastic holiday in bangkok and phuket,flew out of manchester with qatar no problems no delays,the return journey thou was a nightmare.due to fly out with them on the 10 may at 08.35 from bangkok.sat on the plane for 2 hours then told there was a technical problem,take about 2 hours to fix.after five hours sat in the terminal we were taken to the novotel at the airport,then told we would be leaving at 9pm.9pm came and went with still no word from qatar.by this time it was becoming very frustrating.5.30 next morning message pushed under door now travelling with thai airways at 12.25 direct flight to heathrow,then shuttle upto manchester.on arrival at the thai check in desk they knew nothing of us.because qatar had not informed them,eventually qatar staff shown up after an hour or so of pushing and shoving at the check in desk from the 130 or so standed passengers.after a perfect flight with thai airways,on being met at heathrow by qatar groundstaff all the trouble started again.first of all half the baggage didn't make the flight,including our babys trolley.this meaning we had been carrying him and our hand luggage around for two days,because they refused to off load our trolley in bangkok.then they told us there were no flights available upto manchester.buy this this time everybodys tempers began to flare.they offered us two options, be bussed up to manchester and arrive at 5am,or be put up in a hotel overnight again and catch the early shuttle up to manchester.we chose the shuttle option,on checking in for the shuttle,they had missed half a dozen names of the list,so after a lot of running around heathrow at 5am and finding the qatar desk closed,so if it wasn't for the kind people at the thai desk again who sorted the shuttle flights out a few people would have been standed at heathrow for the day.so we arrived home two days late exhausted and lost a days pay.

so our experience with qatar was not the best,it feels that we have just been lied and cheated to from the start of the delay till the end.and i and many others will never travel with qatar again after hearing of all the other bad stories about the airline.

i hope nobody else gets delayed like this,and i hope you all enjoy your upcoming holidays.

uk
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar Flights to Bangkok

Hi,

Regarding the question about the long wait at Doha airport - originally when flights to Bangkok via Doha were booked prior to jan this year, there was a 6 hour wait at Doha airport, this was changed, we were informed by post, although our tickets still had the original flight timings on them.

When mentioned the long bus ride from plane to terminal, it is actually long compared to the usual transfer times[ well it was for us ].

Suzi

Manchester U.K
Level Contributor
350 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar Flights to Bangkok

jemima, if you read the link that I posted, the forum member was complaining that 6 hours was a long time in Doha airport as it is not the best.

My understanding was bmor59 was concerned that 1.20 hrs would be a bit rushed.

Wendy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,357 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar Flights to Bangkok

I would hope that Steve 4646's experience was a very unfortunate and untypical one. Ours on the MAN-DOHA-BKK on 17th Marchl and return on 12th April was one of best we have had in terms of quality of flight , food, beverages, service and, in particular IFE (choice of 83 films/300 CDs).

Although the flight into Doha was delayed both ways, the onward flight to BKK and return to MAN was held for late arrivals. So 1 hour 20minutes is fine as it is regarded as a MAN to BKK flight and Qatar are contracted to provide all legs, even if there is a delay.

The point about "long" bus transfers is that Doha does not currently have direct transfer from aircraft to terminal and vice versa. That is currently under construction. So it may take 5 minutes or as in our case on return 20 mins. as the aircraft was parked on the other side of the runway and the bus cannot cross it and has to go all the way around the end. We thought we were returning home by bus!!

A minor complaint in anotherwise excellent flying experience.

8. Re: Qatar Flights to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 01, 2009