We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Time through Bangkok

Melbourne
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transit Time through Bangkok

Hi, hoping someone can advise on how long I need to allow between flights transiting through Bangkok airport. Flight is from Dubai to Melbourne with Thai airways, luggage checked through from Dubai.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Colonnade
$$$$, Asian, International
Latest Recipe
$$ - $$$, Seafood, International, Mediterranean
Goji Kitchen + Bar
$$ - $$$, Seafood, European, Asian
3 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,360 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit Time through Bangkok

It will be up to Thai Air if it is one ticket.. As you change plane 60 mins would be the min if it was me.

So you need to come off the inward flight, then come through the terminal for a security check at the gate.

One issue is that BKK is have work on the new Runways. Also for some reason many flights recently we have come off the plane via the stairs and take a bus back to the terminal.

The main issue your checked luggage being transferred from plane to plane.

Chok Dee

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Sachse, Texas
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
753 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit Time through Bangkok

Sawasdee,

Three hours are acceptable for international flight connections. Fight delays occur.

We just had the two hour flight delay for Emirates on June 10, 2018 in Bangkok. The airplane arrived two hours late from Dubai. We missed the Emirates flight in Dubai.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Dubai
Dubai
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,360 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit Time through Bangkok

Yes the Emirates Flight I take comes in from Dubai and it is often late by 30 mins. Bit sad really, Emirates now they have got the market share they wanted, is a pretty average out fit now. I now have reduced my flights with them and use Thai Air. Much cheaper ,ok It is 747 compare to a A380.

Choke Dee

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Reply to: Transit Time through Bangkok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted