We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in bangkok

Tallahassee, Florida
9 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in bangkok

What are the best hotels to stay at for$30 a night in Bangkok? Also is there an international fee for booking hotels from America to Thailand?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
6 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,386 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in bangkok

I suggest a site like booking.com. It shows how far from BTS or MRT station.This is very good as the import thing in staying in Bangkok is Public Transport.

There are thousand of Hotels in Bangkok.

Yes you will find places under 1000 baht.

Not sure about international booking fee?

Most hotels I book I try to pay in cash on check in or check out. This saves me using my debit card and my bank fees.

Chok Dee

Mentioned in this post
MRT
MRT
2,252 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,298 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in bangkok

This will get you started peeking. Agoda, a booking site that can filter specific budget. Use ฿750, which doesn't include tax / sc (7 / 10 %), which will add up to about ฿900 THB / $30 USD. (B31 to $1), should be no booking fee, or int'l charge.

https://goo.gl/h9zypS

Filters; price, pay at hotel, near transport / rail lines, though not sure how accurate that filter is. I prefer Booking.com, but check both sites, along with hotel sites. Booking sites have verified reviews of actual clients, TA / anyone can review.

Hotels are booked per night, NOT per person. Also verify location via Google map, make sure they agree, along with some more photos and reviews. Can even stroll around the area with GM 'Streetview'.

Edited: 12:08 am, June 09, 2018
Sachse, Texas
Level Contributor
4,373 posts
753 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in bangkok

Sawasdee,

You could consider At Mind Executive Suites for about 920 Baht a night on Agoda. At Mind Executive Suites is near Onnut BTS station. Onnut area offers low cost hotels, Tesco Lotus market, Big C, K79 currency exchange shop, Onnut French Market and street food.

Mentioned in this post
At Mind Executive Suites
At Mind Executive Suites
553 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,428 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in bangkok

You should narrow down where in Bangkok you want the hotel. Bangkok is a huge city, maybe 6 times larger than your own city.

Forum search with a laptop or other big screen computer will give you many posts for hotels in various locations throughout Bangkok. You should start quoting prices in Thai baht. (Forum search and reading the FAQs will give you help with changing money. Even a Google search will give you a rough estimate for what $30 is in Thai baht. Figure on around 900 - 1000 baht.)

If only using a phone for research switch to a real computer and the research will probably make more sense.

Lub D Hostel?? Private rooms available.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29…

* Take the time to look over WHERE you want the hotel located. Then choose a hotel in your price range in that location.

http://www.bangkok.com/bangkok-area-guide.htm

Prices higher during "high season" especially close to Christmas - New Years holidays.

Good luck.

Edited: 5:47 am, June 09, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
d Hostel Bangkok
d Hostel Bangkok
135 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,555 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in bangkok

**You should narrow down where in Bangkok you want the hotel. Bangkok is a huge city, maybe 6 times larger than your own city.**

^^

Start here.

What are your plans in Bangkok? Shopping? Nightlife? Etc.

Asking for the "best" anything in Bangkok will get you hundreds of answers.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in bangkok

I normally use Hotels.com for booking my hotel rooms as I find their website user friendly and also the price shown is the price you pay. All add ons already added into the price so no hidden extra costs.

I think if you can narrow down which parts of Bangkok you want to stay in, it will help to provide suggestions of hotels for you. Maybe also include what is important to you as far as hotels go such as transport links, breakfast included, pool etc.

Good luck

Graeme

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Reply to: Hotels in bangkok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted