We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

and why?

Looking through the Tripadvisor ratings, the hotels that I have identified as the contenders for me to book for 3 nights in January are:

The Marriot and the Suragase

Eastin Grand Sathorn

Okura Prestige; and

St Regis.

What do you think would be the best bet from those 4? I am travelling with my 15 year old daughter. I want to relax on the last few days of my holiday. However, I would also likely to see a few things in Bangkok.

I fly home to the UK from BKK airport at 930am on the final day so that would be considered as well.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Sathorn
The Grand Sathorn
413 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
The Okura Prestige Bangkok
The Okura Prestige...
2,988 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
The St. Regis Bangkok
The St. Regis Bangkok
2,447 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
13 replies to this topic
Ireland
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

St Regis (although the traffic can be murder)

Mentioned in this post
The St. Regis Bangkok
The St. Regis Bangkok
2,447 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse

Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn

The St. Regis Bangkok

Are my 4 options

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Eastin Grand Hotel...
7,334 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
The Okura Prestige...
2,988 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
The St. Regis Bangkok
The St. Regis Bangkok
2,447 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

I have been vacationing in Bangkok regularly for 19 years and the St.Regis is in one of my two, regular neighborhoods. I have stayed at the St.Regis which was nice and I drop by there regularly for a snack and cold drink either on my way back to my Airbnb, around the corner, or to either the Anantara Siam Hotel or the Hansar Hotel, also around the corner as I fluctuate where I stay. I was just there in both 2017 and 2018.

Although the St.Regis is very nice, I would personally select the Anantara Siam Hotel (former Four Seasons Hotel) that is right there next to it. It's a great, small, beautiful, low-rise hotel (nearly extinct in Bangkok), really good restaurants, especially Biscotti at lunch, and great staff.

As for your other hotel selections, I know of them, but haven't stayed at them. But, if your selection is only from the list that you have submitted, then I would go for the St. Regis. I'm in Bangkok for 3 weeks straight of my annual 6-week, S.E. Asian vacation and am out and about a lot.

Oh, and don't worry about the traffic as that's what the skytrain is for and it's right there attached to the St. Regis.

Have a wonderful trip.

Happy Travels!

Edited: 6:29 pm, June 10, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
The St. Regis Bangkok
The St. Regis Bangkok
2,447 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel
Anantara Siam Bangkok...
2,337 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Hansar Bangkok Hotel
3,087 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

The Okura is in an area with mostly offices and not so interesting for tourists. The best thing about the Okura is that it's not too far from the BTS and the expressway entrance. It may take a lot longer to get to/from the St. Regis by taxi, which you will presumably do when coming from the airport and going back.

Mentioned in this post
The St. Regis Bangkok
The St. Regis Bangkok
2,447 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
344 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

I have stayed at the Eastin and while it is very good i thought that was a tad far from evetything. Not central enough.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

"It may take a lot longer to get to/from the St. Regis by taxi, which you will presumably do when coming from the airport and going back."

I've been staying in the St. Regis neighborhood, almost annually, for nearly 2 decades, long before the hotel was even built, and I don't find it being a time problem getting either to the neighborhood or going back to the airport from the neighborhood. It all depends on what time one is on the streets in Bangkok period. I have gotten to the airport in 45 minutes and other times it's been an hour.

Upon arrival, and after getting my luggage at the airport, I walk over to the AOT car service counter and ask for the cheapest car and then the driver takes my luggage and off we go into a very comfortable car. I buy the round-trip fare and then AOT picks me up, on time, at my hotel and takes me back to the airport for my departure on to my next country. It's worth the price as one never knows how long one will be stuck in traffic in Bangkok and it's good to be in a comfortable car and use it as a bit of site-seeing along the way. I remember spending half an hour in a taxi just going from Sukhumvit 24 to Nana due to the time that I was in the taxi.

Happy Travels!

Mentioned in this post
The St. Regis Bangkok
The St. Regis Bangkok
2,447 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,861 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Nana Hotel
Nana Hotel
809 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

Hi ,

I have stayed at the Eastin before and have again booked my stay in August 2018.

It's a lovely hotel with direct access to the Surasak BTS from the 3rd floor of the hotel.

Surasak to Siam is 4 stops (10 mins)on the BTS

Saphan Taksin ( river pier ) is 1 stop away on the BTS

Lovely infinity pool with amazing view of the Bangkok skyline open till 9 p.m and the breakfast is really fantastic

You wouldn't go wrong with it

Cheers

Naveen

Mentioned in this post
The Siam
The Siam
740 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
101 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

I always stay in Novotel ploenchit, it’s good value, so well located right by a BTS stop and if you go for the executive floor option there is a great lounge and terrace on 29th floor with a generous free happy hour, and the pool is great too, not a lot of seating but a good refresher from the heat!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
1,851 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

Okura. Nuff said. Excellent location attached to Pleon chit BTS and excellent service n facilities.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,633 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?

Eastin Grand hotel which connects to Surasak BTS would be my choice. Very highly rated on TA and only one BTS stop from the river pier. IMO an excellent location

Reply to: What would you pick from these 4 hotels?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;