We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic flights

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Domestic flights

HI all at T A,

Love reading the forums and have got alot of tips for our trip in may.

My question is, can i get a domestic flight from Bangkok to either Burriram or Surin?

We plan to visit my Brother, who lives in Prasat, during our trip. We are also heading to Kanchanaburi and to the Gulf of Thailand so if we can fly from either of those places would love to know.

I have looked on both airport websites to no avail.

Also any tips on places to stay in these areas would be much appreciated. We would really like to experience the real Thailand but don't want to be too isolated.

Many thanks in advance.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
486 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic flights

You can fly to Buriram with PBAir. Bit of a rip-off though!

There's not a lot to see or do. Phanom Rung temple complex is the only noteworthy 'tourist' attraction.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic flights

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it's the nearest airport to where my brother is otherwise we wouldn't bother.

Would it be easier to travel by other means, we just thought we'd fly to save time so that we can have more time to spend with him.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic flights

It takes roughly 6 hours to drive to Prasat from Bangkok. The drive is not hard, but you should give some thought to how to make the drive if you may have jet lag (learned the hard way). Flying to Nakhon Ratchasima and driving the rest of the way is a possibility, but it may not make much sense to fly halfway and still have a 2 1/2-3 hour drive.

I find it is much more tolerable to hang out in that area if you have access to a car. The freedom that a car provides is well worth it.

My wife is from a village right on the Surin/Buriram border, just off highway 24. It is a hair under an hour to drive to Buriram, and it is over an hour to get from Buriram to Prasat.

There are some guest houses in Prakhon Chai and Prasat, as well as a motel in Prakhon Chai. You want the motel on the north side of the road, just east of Prakhon Chai.

Check out www.bankadon.com for more information.

4. Re: Domestic flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 29, 2009
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor