We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenerary help round sites

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
709 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Itenerary help round sites

I have roughly a day and a half to see round all the following sites: Wat Phra Kaew, the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Jim Thompsons house, reclining buddha. I would also like to go to the Hard Rock Cafe and Cabbages and Condoms. I'm staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. How would you go about visiting these places. I'm already booked to do a day trip to Bridge on the River Kwai.

Thanks for any help

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itenerary help round sites

I am also staying in roughly the same area and plan to jump on the Skytrain to the river and do much of it myself.

After much investigation, I plan to do this:

Jump on Skytrain at Asok, change at Siam onto the Silom Line to Saphan Taksin (river) then get the orange flag boat (Chao Phraya Express Boat) to Tha Tien. Wat Pho is here.

Take a ferry across the river to Wat Arun.

Back across river and either walk or back on Chao Phraya Express Boat to the Chang Pier (Tha Chang) for the Grand Palace.

Once that is all done, back on the boat to Saphan Taksin, take the Skytrain to National Stadium for the short walk to Jim Thompson's house (and MBK if there is shopping time).

Once finished there get back on Skytrain at National Stadium, change at Siam and get train back to Asok.

Hoping to do all that in one day as I never spend too much time in one place.

I believe Cabbages and Condoms is not too far from your hotel, so you should be able to get there for an evening meal, but not sure about Hard Rock cafe.

I will be interested to see if anyone else thinks there is a better way of doing this as I really don't want to hire a guide in Bangkok.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
709 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itenerary help round sites

Thanks for that Caribbean firstimer

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Itenerary help round sites

Looks doable to me if you're pretty quick on your feet - might winder whether a taxi to Jim Thomsons hause might turn out to be quicker that's all ( but answer proably unknowable as depends on the random traffic jams)

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itenerary help round sites

thanks andyagain. That certainly makes me feel better. I think I might stick with my plan and avoid taxis as I would hate to get stuck in traffic.

5. Re: Itenerary help round sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 28, 2009