We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip Bangkok

We were going to go to the River Kwai and tiger temple but after reading reviews from other travellers have decided against it.

As we only have one day in Bangkok interested in other opinions on Floating Markets/Rose gardens Cultural show versus Ayutthaya with cruise back to Bangkok.

Has anyone done either of these tours and what would they recommend?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip Bangkok

Rose Garden is over-rated in my opinion, unless you've never been to a cultural show before.

I suggest the best day trip would be River Kwai with a stop at the floating market on the way.

Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip Bangkok

Hi Andy

That's what I was worried about with the Rose Garden. We did a cultural show in Malaysia a few years ago and it was all very touristy and fake.

We went to the River Kwai last year and now that we have decided against the tiger temple we won't go that far again.

Thats for your thoughts though.

Wendy

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip Bangkok

Ayuttuya would be a better choice then the rose garden definetely. The rose garden is over rated as stated before. Choose Ayutthaya ! :)

Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip Bangkok

Hi Gary

How did you get to Ayutthaya and did you do the river cruise back? What was the cost?

Wendy

5. Re: Day trip Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 28, 2009