We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip In June

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Trip In June

Hi,

My Wife and I are coming to Bangkok in June for our honey moon for seven nights staying at the patwun princess. Any suggestions of day/night tours from bangkok. We will the be heading down to Ko Samui for 7 night and phuket for 10 nights to relax.

Any suggestions would be great.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip In June

The grand palace would be a great place to start, the floating market would be another great choice.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip In June

Agree the Grand Palace is a must see. A great full day is to Kanchanaburi to visit the Bridge on the River Kwai, we also did a 'jungle' elephant trek on this trip and bamboo rafting on the river.

I would also highly recommend the buffet dinner at the Peninsula Hotel at night time. You can book in advance from Australia and request a table by the river (they have big fans and you capture a breeze from the river so its not too hot). Fantastic food & desserts 'to die for', all the mains (you choose your meat/steak/seafood etc) is cooked for you and brought to your table. If not dinner the 'high tea' is also great.

Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip In June

Hi Dashlea

We had 2 days/3 nights in Bangkok last year. There were 6 of us travelling and we hired an executive air conditioned mini van with driver and english speaking guide to get around. We used Oriental Escape and they were very good. Didn't have to pay until they collected us from the hotel which I liked as didn't feel comfortable pre-paying.

We did the following tours which we thought gave a good combination particularly as we had two teenage children as well as 2 couples so had to make sure it was as interesting for all age groups as possible.

Day 1 - Kronburi Canal tour and Grand Palace in the morning. We were collected at 9am which allowed us to sleep in a little as we hadn't got to bed until 4 a.m. Australian time (1 a.m. Thailand time) that morning. The canals and river were amazing. The difference between the temples and old shanties really gave an indication of how much difference there is in lifestyles in Bangkok. The Grand Palace was spectacular and definitely a must to see. We were taken back to our hotel to freshen up at 1p.m. and collected again at 2 where we went into the city to do some shopping at the MBK centre and surrounding areas. Cheapest shoes I have ever seen. We didn't buy mush as we were waiting to get to Chiang Mai to do most of our shopping.

Day 2 - Early start with a 7a.m. pick up. We went to a coconut sugar factory, wood carving factory, few temples, floating markets, lunch at a riverside restaurant, bridge over the river kwai which included a short ride across the bridge, war cemetery and war museum. It was a long day and we didn't get back until 6.30 p.m. but well worth it. The floating markets are so much fun but beware the prices. We all thought we managed to get such good deals until we arrived at the night bazaar in Chiang Mai. The River Kwai was very moving and quite sad but so full of history I am glad we did it.

Good luck with the wedding.

4. Re: Trip In June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 23, 2009