We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight to Phuket!

London, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
18 reviews
Flight to Phuket!

Hey All

I need some advice please, so have my flight booked to Bangkok for xmas and will be flying to Phuket, am I best to book the Phuket flight now or wait till I come over? what way is cheapest?

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,907 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Flight to Phuket!

Book ASAP. Christmas is absolute PEAK time in Thailand - flights will not get cheaper and availability will be less.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,773 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: Flight to Phuket!

Cheapest to book now. Christmas is peak season so prices don't usually come down.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,353 posts
177 reviews
3. Re: Flight to Phuket!

The flight prices will be more likely to increase the closer you get to the peak period.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
719 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Flight to Phuket!

Sorry to piggyback on this but I am going in November - around Thanksgiving which is an American holiday so am I safe to assume I can get my Phuket flights later? Any advantages to booking early/later in terms of pricing?

Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
1 review
5. Re: Flight to Phuket!

For my experience it is never an advantage to book flight tickets later in Thailand.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,773 posts
126 reviews
6. Re: Flight to Phuket!

It's nearly always cheaper booking well in advance. Unless you book on a sale especially when booking low cost carriers

El Reno, Oklahoma
4 posts
7. Re: Flight to Phuket!

Any suggestions on affordable airlines and websites to book domestic flights in Thailand?

Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
1 review
8. Re: Flight to Phuket!

Air Asia, Nok Air or Thai Lion Air are all budget airlines for domestic flying.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
719 posts
94 reviews
9. Re: Flight to Phuket!

Thanks all - just booked our tickets on AirAsia and was able to get some promo prices.

10. Re: Flight to Phuket!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 30, 2018