We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Patong

Hi guys going to patong in March and just wondering how things r so cheap . Can u buy unlocked phones over there and use them back in Australia . I have a iPhone 4S and getting a bit second hand so was just wondering if I can buy then over Thailand .

Best Seller
Phi Phi Island Adventure Day Trip by...
Best Seller
Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and...
1,125 reviews
from $72.50*
Sea Cave Kayaking at Phang Nga Bay
60 reviews
from $127.20*
Best Seller
Elephant's Heaven: Half-Day Elephant...
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong

Any that you find looking too cheap will be copies (which I would strongly advise against buying) the genuine article are not going to come up IMHO cheap enough to warrant having to send it back to Thailandif it goes wrong.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Patong

Copy iPhones come with Android operating system. Something you will instantly recognize. If it comes with the original Apple software it's the real thing and nothing to worry about.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Patong

Because of the weak Baht at the moment, you can save money buying iPhones and other electronics in Thailand. At least compared with the prices in my country. I can't say if it is the same in Australia. I don't think you will have a problem with getting the iPhone to work in your own country.

4. Re: Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 21, 2015