We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help regarding baggage!!! traveling from Ireland/UK

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help regarding baggage!!! traveling from Ireland/UK

I am travelling to Thailand in November and booked my flights through ebookers. the flight plan is Aer Lingus Dublin-London then Malaysia Airlines London to Kuala Lumpur and then Malaysia airlines Kuala Lumpur - Phuket.

As i booked through e bookers i was unable to book on my baggage at the time.

I am attempting to book my baggage onto my flights prior to the airports. e bookers have provided me with the aer lingus record locator but not the booking reference required to book on with aer lingus. it appears that you must book directly through aer lingus to advance book on baggage.

does anyone know how i would go about booking on my baggage? also given that that i have 3 flights will my baggage be transfer automatically to my next flight or will i have to check it in for each flight.

It is my first trip with connecting flights so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help in advance

Mark

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help regarding baggage!!! traveling from Ireland/UK

Hi

I don't know the other airline you're mentioned but with Malaysia airlines you don't have to book the baggage. The airlines is full service the baggage are included in the tickets price. I flew with them a few time and if think you're allowed 20kg check in bag plus hand luggage.

If you're travel in one ticket then your bags should be check through all the way to Phuket.

Cheers,

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help regarding baggage!!! traveling from Ireland/UK

Thanks for the reply much appreciated. that has calmed me down a lot now ...thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,100 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help regarding baggage!!! traveling from Ireland/UK

I believe that you will not be able to book your luggage all the way through to Phuket with Air Lingus (at least you didn't used to be able to). You should be able to book it straight through to Phuket from London though as both flights are with Malaysia airlines.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help regarding baggage!!! traveling from Ireland/UK

I dont know about the other airline but from London to Phuket on Malaysia Airlines pretty certain they will check the baggage all the way through. I don't know about your route but this part of the world Malaysia offer 30 kgs in Economy Class so I guess same for you, you can check here though

malaysiaairlines.com/au/…checked-baggage.html

As you are just in transit in Kuala Lumpur you can relax and enjoy the transit facilities.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help regarding baggage!!! traveling from Ireland/UK

Thanks guys great help

6. Re: Help regarding baggage!!! traveling from Ireland/UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 01, 2014