We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Thailand in July..

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Heading to Thailand in July..

Just wondering who else is traveling around then...

Oh and also what is the best things to do there for two single guys.. were looking at copious amount of drinking etc....

We are heading to bangkok for a week then.. phuket for the rest of the times. Were also heading to the Full moon Party.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

Hi

Just a note in case you don't already know this Phuket is in the west coast, fullmoon party is in koh phagnan ( east coast) both destinations are opposites of the country.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

As sweetpea says the full moon party is on the other side so it would be better to stay in Koh Samui rather than Phuket and if you want to party stay in Central Chaweng and head to the Ark bar at night.

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

I do know that the FMP is on koh phangan.. I have already book flights from Phuket to Koh Samui.. its like a 1hr flight.. and is actually cheaper than flying from Bangkok...

Thank you though for your thoughts and concerns

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,077 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

You'd be surprised how many people don't realise that Phuket and Phangan are not just a few hours by road from each other!

Have you booked accommodation on KP, most places require a 5 night minimum stay, further away from the party beach it can drop to 3.

Edited: 11:33 pm, April 03, 2013
Guangzhou, China
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

Hi, I will be in Thailand at the same time on my own. i will be in Koh Samui on 4th - 6th July, then fly to Bangkok on 7th July. I haven't decied where to go after Bangkok, maybe few islands or North of Thailand. I really want to go to the Full Moon Party. So i will be back in Koh Samui on 23th July.

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

Awesome, well me and my friend are going to be on koh samui on the 24th ready for the full moon party... we head over to bangkok on the 16th. I have read and talked to people about phuket and they say its a great place to go.. you should check it out... maybe we could meet over there for the FMP since youll be by yourself....

Guangzhou, China
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

Cool. I have read about Phuket as well. That's an amazing place. I will be on Phuket around 17th. Are you flying from Phuket to Koh Samui? Maybe we could meet up on Samui then head to FMP together.

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

Yeah were getting the flight on the 24th from Phuket to Koh samui... yeah that sounds great actually.. always good to make new friends .

Guangzhou, China
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

That's great. it's nice to meet new friends when traveling. btw, my name is Jade. you could add me on Facebook - JingMei Yang. :)

Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Heading to Thailand in July..

Haha awesome sounds good.. just added you