We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in thailand in october??

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in thailand in october??

I am flying to thailand for my honeymoon on 14th october. 3 nights in bangkok, 8 in krabi and 4 in phi phi. I am worried about the weather after my research. Anyone experienced thailand at this time of year and if so what was the weather like?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,952 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in thailand in october??

It is a wet time of year throughout Thailand, however, lots of people go in October and get lucky, you might too. Nobody can predict and each year is different, you take your chances, don't swim in the ocean at this time of year on the west coast as it can be very dangerous. Just because someone had good weather in October last year or the year before is no guarantee for this year or next year. Make sure you have some wet weather activities planned, spa, massage, shopping, cooking classes etc.

2. Re: Weather in thailand in october??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, March 25, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in thailand in october??

I wouldn't worry about it, it is the rainy season but that doesn't mean it's continual.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in thailand in october??

Weather varies place to place and also year to year, you never know how much rain, for how long, how often, best tip is to be flexible

Abu Dhabi, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in thailand in october??

I am flying to thailand for my honeymoon on 18th october. 3 nights in bangkok, 6 in phuket . I am worried about the weather .so what was the weather like?any body know at that time

thank you if some one can help me

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in thailand in october??

Read the previous posts !!

As already said stats say October is the wettest month in Thailand. But you should still see some sun.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in thailand in october??

If you read Cassnu's post #1 she's summed up exactly what the situation is like in October, it is statistically the wettest month in thailand but you might be lucky and not get rain, no year is the same but you should be prepared.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in thailand in october??

Read the previous posts !!

As already said stats say October is the wettest month in Thailand. But you should still see some sun.

9. Re: Weather in thailand in october??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 02, 2014