We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok - Koh Samui

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok - Koh Samui

Needing some travel advice for our Thailand trip in June/July this year on our way back from Europe: thinking of heading down to Huahin for 3 nights then further south & catch ferry to Koh Tao stay there for another 3 nights then ferry to Koh Samui and spend 4 nights in Samui before flying back to Bangkok. Anyone done this trip? Any recommendations? Are we trying to cram too much in especially teavelling with a 3-yr old? Any accommodation recommendations?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok - Koh Samui

Hi

With 3 years old along yes I think is a bit too much. You will be packing and unpacking. Don't forget to add travel time. you will be on the road from Hau Hin to the pier to koh Tao that would take at least nearly a day journey. However is doable. Maybe cut down HauHin and spend more time on koh Tao and koh Samui. Just my thought. Another note June July I would suggest you book flight from koh Samui back to Bangkok ASAP. Just my though any way :)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok - Koh Samui

I agree that it's a bit of a long journey in a short time with a 3 year old, I think I would cut out Hua Hin (even though I like it a lot) and either overnight train to Chumphon (for the experience) for transfer by bus/ferry to Koh Tao or fly with Nok Air to Chumphon and transfer to Koh Tao. With Nok Air you can also include the transfers to Koh Tao in the price.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok - Koh Samui

Ok I have booked the Koh Samui Bangkok flight back, it's not cheap!

Still keen to do the rest of trip by pvt car/driver and ferry, our daughter travels really well.

I read the car ride from Bangkok to Hua Hin takes about 2 1/2 - 3 hours and from Hua Hin to Chumphon another 3 hours. Is that right?

My husband and I have been to Samui before so we would really like to explore a few other places also this time.

Is there much to do in Koh Tao if you're not into diving?

Will check out the Nok Air suggestion.

Any tips of where to stay in Samui that is child friendly?

Is Dolphin Bay nice in Hua Hin?

Thanks for all the suggestions I really appreciate it:)

4. Re: Bangkok - Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 28, 2014