We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice :) First time solo traveller.

Wollongong...
1 post
Save Topic
Any advice :) First time solo traveller.

Heya,

I'm flying into Phuket in early Feb, leaving from Bangkok late March.

First time traveling solo (25 ur old female).

Any advice on where to go and what I should have on my 'can't miss it' list?!

I'm keen on staying as cheap as possible, really experiencing the culture and meeting people.

Beaches, hiking, adventure trips, volunteer work.

Where should I steer clear of?

Any info would be great, thank you!

:)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any advice :) First time solo traveller.

Hi there I'm flying to Thailand for the first time as well, in May for 2 weeks :(

Some things on my list are Chatuchak Markets, The Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai, Zip Lining on tree tops, Taking a boat canal tour. My budget is a bit more felixible as i will only be there for a short time. Oh and since your there during April you will be there for Songkran which is basically a huge water fight, i think its to celebrate the Buddhist new year.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any advice :) First time solo traveller.

Hi

My advice would be read the FAQ on the right hand side of all the forum page that you're interest to visits. The FAQ is the mines of info thing to do and don't.

April 12-15th is Thai new year ( Songkran) this year the Songkran falls in the weekend that mean the Thais will have extra two days.

I would suggest you to book all accoms and transportation well in advance as that period , pre and post Songkran everything is mad house. Its the biggest holiday in Thailand the locals travel to visits family ( think xmas) and take a holidays. The government officials and banks will be closed ( money changer open).

Good luck

3. Re: Any advice :) First time solo traveller.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 28, 2014