We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Tao Prices compared to Mainland

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Tao Prices compared to Mainland

Hi all,

Title says it all. After nearly 2 weeks if shopping in Chiang Mai and Bangkok my girlfriend and I are heading to Koh Tao for a week tomorrow morning. We're just wondering 2 things:

1) how do the prices for eating out on Koh Tao compare to Chiang Mai/Bangkok?

2) are there foreign exchange booths or ATMs on the island anywhere?

We have plenty of cash on us now, but some on cards for an emergency. I'm just wondering if we should pull the cash out now, or if we'll be OK to do it on Koh Tao?

Thanks,

- Matt

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,857 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Tao Prices compared to Mainland

Plenty of ATMs but with the normal 150baht fee for withdrawals.

We didn't notice much of a price difference between mainland prices for meals, although the actual servings did seem smaller.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Tao Prices compared to Mainland

Ah sweet thanks. If we do draw money it'll be one time only so I'm not concerned about the fees.

Less food might be a good idea seen as how much we've eaten on our trip so far!

3. Re: Koh Tao Prices compared to Mainland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 08, 2014