We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand - 2 week itinerary

Bristol
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand - 2 week itinerary

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Thailand in Feb 2013 but i'm having trouble figuring out where to go.

I would like to go to Bangkok & then Koh Phangan for the full moon party. I'm not sure if i should then go to Koh Phi Phi or Phuket, or just stay in Koh Phangan / Koh Samui?

Would all this be too much for 2 weeks? I'd like to see elephants & monkeys and take a trip into the jungle, maybe on a canoe if that can be done.. then a bit or snorkelling

Any suggestions? I'm completely overwhelmed!

Also, any idea of how much money i'd need? I'm planning on staying in cheap beach hut style accommodation (apart from in bangkok)

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,405 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

Hi,

You will certainly have enough time to see Bangkok and Koh Phangan in two weeks. Although it looks close it will cost you a day perhaps longer to travel Koh Phi Phi. Indeed, you may even have enough time for a visit to Chiang Mai or Kanchanaburi. I would allow at least £ 50 a day and more if you like shopping. And, I would save Bangkok until the end.

Edited: 5:59 pm, April 28, 2012
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

Plenty to do in and around Koh Phangan, you can visit the other nearby islands of Samui and Koh Tao and easily fill 2 weeks including Bangkok. You can see elephants in Samui, but it's not the best experience better to do a day or overnight trip from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi for that. Lots of snorkelling and canoeing around Koh Tao - just stick to the east coast for only 2 weeks.

Bristol
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

Great advice - Thanks!

If it weren't for the full moon party, would you recommend Koh Phi Phi or Koh Samui?

x

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,405 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

Koh Phi Phi is a favourite of mine, I like the place a lot. Of course, if you decide on the FMP Koh Samui is much closer to visit. You could also consider the north east coast of Koh Phangan and the smaller Koh Tao.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

You will find more than enough to keep you occupied on the east coast without the extra travelling over to the west coast - lots to do on Koh Samui and don't forget Koh Tao as well as AA says - it's not worth travelling across the country for Phi Phi with so much on the doorstep of Koh Phangan and remember there is far more to KP than the Full Moon Party which is on only a small part of the island.

Bristol
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

:D thanks for the advice both! Think i'll keep to the east coast for this trip! :)

7. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:31 am, January 18, 2013
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

Lisa, please don't put your personal email on here as you are likely to get all sorts of spam and weird emails! You won't be travelling alone for long and will find you get talking to plenty of people on your travels.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

we averaged around £50/day for everything - and that includes splurging on massages and some shopping. I found Koh Phi Phi very commercial/a bit of a joke after coming from Koh Phangan.

If I get the chance to go back again, my choice would spend time and explore Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Koh Tao fairly extensively and then explore Phi Phi Don, Phi Phi Ley (and do the camping trip), Railay and Koh Lanta (since we didn't make it to Phi Phi Ley or Railay or Koh Lanta this time around).

10. Re: Thailand - 2 week itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 20, 2014