We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary & Floods - Thailand

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary & Floods - Thailand

Hello, fellow TripAdvisor folks:

I am trying to plan a 3 week trip to Thailand in Feb. 2012 and have never been there before. After a decent amount of research, I've narrowed down the activities and things I would like to experience to:

1. Scuba in Ko Tao

2. Ko Phi Phi Don

3. Koh Tarutao Marine National Park

4. Khlong Saeng/Khao Sok

5. Rock Climbing in Railay

6. Kayaking Phang Nga Bay - Phuket

7. Cooking Classes in Chaing Mai

8. Khao Yai National Park / Kaeng Krachan

9. Visit Hill Tribes, Trek, Camp, View wildlife in non-touristy areas, ride elephant

10. Possible visit to Kanchanaburi province - Wat Pa Luangta Bua Yannasampano

11. Short 2-3 day trip to Angkor Wat and back

12. Issan's Khorat Plateau

That being said, I wonder: a) if it's possible to do this in a few weeks. b) if anyone has experience with these adventures and can offer advice on how to arrange the activities, places to stay, etc., c) what is the most logical route to accomplish all of this, and d) what areas the flooding has effected, and if it will make any of these activities impossible.

Any thoughts and advice from people who are in Thailand now, who have been recently, or who live there are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary & Floods - Thailand

No problems with the roads, the floods just created some small detours. Have your route map in mind and come and relax and you will have a great time. There will be a next time for what you missed out. However take your time for Ankhor, it's a grat place and with getting there and coming back consider 4 - 5 days.

Kaibae from the most beautiful island of Thailand

2. Re: Itinerary & Floods - Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, February 08, 2013