We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon In Thailand - Feb 2012 - Phi Phi or Krabi or, or?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon In Thailand - Feb 2012 - Phi Phi or Krabi or, or?

Hi there...

I'm REALLY struggling with organising our honeymoon for early next year & am hoping some of you might be able to help me :-)

Everyone has told me to aim towards Thailand due to value for money and the climate at that time of year. I have spoken to travel agents, i have scoured the internet & read multiple reviews but im still really stuck so im hoping someone could help.

What im looking for, is something as close to a beach as possible, i cant stand the thought of a big multi-story complex/resort - so something like a cheeky little bungalow that opens to the sand would be absolutely ideal (at the same time, we want the 5* amenities & the bar and all that good stuff).

Something that will give us plenty of privacy, is romantic (it is a honeymoon after all), but close enough to some towns and markets and culture would be ideal. We are from New Zealand (living in London) so an amazing beach is a must!

Dont know if im miles away in terms of my expectations - if so, happy to be educated :-)

budget will be somewhere around the 20,000THB/night mark for about 6 nights.

Any help would be hugely appreciated - on the area & any accommodation you could recommend

thanks heaps

Si

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,737 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon In Thailand - Feb 2012 - Phi Phi or Krabi or, or?

You won't find many if any bungalows like that in Phuket, they tend to be bigger, hotel type places. Are you serious, 20,000 baht per night, that's a big budget! Have a look at Khao Lak which is 75 minutes north of Phuket, but less developed. Samui has some beautiful beach bungalows, take a look at Sala Samui in Choeng Mon Beach, there is barely any difference in rainfall between Phuket and Samui in January, although the sea can still be a bit rough in Samui then.

In Krabi look at the Rayvadee, the Zeovala and Rawi Warin Resort and Spa as just a couple of examples. For that money you can pretty much take your pick I would have thought.

Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon In Thailand - Feb 2012 - Phi Phi or Krabi or, or?

Well, your budget is well above my humble pay grade!!

But CONGRATULATIONS!

For me, the most romantic places in Thailand are along the Andaman Coast. While Khao Lak gets far less tourists, I would consider a live aboard (perhaps a private yacht?!) and go to the Similan Islands. There's nothing like waking up to the lap-lap sound fo the ocean next to one of the islands that you buoy for the night.

My next choice would be the more exclusive places on the east-side of Ko Phi Phi. Although the island gets over-runned by tourist, perhaps some of the more remote places there might meet your needs.

Then there is nearby Krabi with West Rai Leh/Railay or Ao Nang but I prefer Railay mainly because the beach is much nicer and their is no real motorised traffic (except of course the sound of the longtails). Otherwise, there are more resorts at Ao Nang but that too is too touristy for me (still nice to visit for food!).

Or perhaps some of the islands off Trang which is far less tourisy such as Ko Ngai, Muk, Kradan, etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon In Thailand - Feb 2012 - Phi Phi or Krabi or, or?

Yu could look at the Racha on Koh Racha for some real indulgence.

http://www.theracha.com/new/index.htm

Try an Ocean Villa at the Amari Vogue Krabi http://www.amari.com/vogue/ocean-villas.aspx

I do love the Holiday Inn on Phi Phi

…holidayinn.com/king-coral-beach-studio.htm

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon In Thailand - Feb 2012 - Phi Phi or Krabi or, or?

Have a look at Gajapuri in Kai Bae or K.C. Grande in White Sands Beach, both on Koh Chang.

For someone to help you organize it all and have nice pictures of what to expect see www.ko-chnag.info

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon In Thailand - Feb 2012 - Phi Phi or Krabi or, or?

Hi, yes it is a bit of money, but we have been saving for ages and you only get one honeymoon right?

ahh you guys are all awesome... thanks so much - there are just so many options, you can never tell what is actually good and what is just 'marketing'. Ill check out your recommendations and go from there..

thanks again - most appreciated

Simon

6. Re: Honeymoon In Thailand - Feb 2012 - Phi Phi or Krabi or, or?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, October 27, 2012