We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking First Class Sleeper on thairailticket.com

Manchester
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Booking First Class Sleeper on thairailticket.com

Hi,

Me & my boyfriend are trying to book a 1st class sleeper from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, and I have a few (probably stupid!) queries...

When booking the berths for a 1st class sleeper, do we need to book one lower & one upper having already specified 1st class? I thought 1st class was a private cabin anyway that came with set bunks?

Also, on www.thairailticket.com the booking section doesn't translate to English! Has anyone found a way around this at all?!

I think I need 'thai train travel for dummies', as I'm sure i'm making this more complicated than it should be, however any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking First Class Sleeper on thairailticket.com

Hi

Yes 1st class is a private cabin but you still need to select one of each bunk in the same cabin, if using the manual seat selection.

I've just gone through the booking stage and it was all in English. When you are on the Home page are you clicking the "EN" at the top right of the page? If you are then I don't know why you are having issues.

Hope you get sorted soon and have a great trip.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking First Class Sleeper on thairailticket.com

Yeah I've tried both 'EN' & getting google to translate it & the station/line selection etc in the top right corner still appears in Thai...it's the most crucial bit!!

I'll try it on my phone internet, fingers crossed!

Thanks anyway :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking First Class Sleeper on thairailticket.com

The EN button worked on my I phone.

4. Re: Booking First Class Sleeper on thairailticket.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, October 20, 2012