We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 Day Itinerary in July

Seattle, Washington
5 posts
Save Topic
14 Day Itinerary in July

Planning a trip from July 7-20. Thinking Bangkok for 2 days, Chiang Mai for 4 days- so how do I split up the rest of the trip?

We definitely want to go to Koh Samui, but 7 days seems like a lot of time. Any must see places in between Chiang Mai & Ko Samui?

We are going to pass on Ko Phi Phi and Phuket since it's rainy season over there.

Thanks!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,670 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 Day Itinerary in July

Hi

Its only my opinion, but we don't find 7 days in Samui too much. There is a lot to see and do and you could also think about spending time at the nearby island of Phanang.

You may need to think about booking now as July is a popular time to visit Samui, and you have letf it very late in your planning.

Whilst there are places to see between Chiang Mai and Samui you have not indicated how you plan to travel, bus, train, fly etc ,which may impact on suggestions.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 Day Itinerary in July

Angkor Wat to see the largest temple complex in the world, a true wonder of the world. Chiang Rai. The possibilities are endless - where do your interests lie?

London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 Day Itinerary in July

The temples of Angor are in Cambodia!

Seattle, Washington
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 Day Itinerary in July

Not terribly interested in Chiang Rai, but would love to do a side trip to Angkor Wat. Has anybody done this? Looks like flights are short from BKK to Siem Riep, but very pricey.

We could probably only swing one night. Is this long enough? Do day trips even exist?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 Day Itinerary in July

Although in Cambodia, most people seem to couple Siem Reap with their Thailand trip as its a short flight from Bangkok, and hence the recomendation.

To the OP, theres too much to see and do for a day trip; I advise against it. One night (2 days, I'm assuming) is tight but manageable.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 14 Day Itinerary in July

Do not ever try to do one night in Siem Reap... you cannot do it justice without a minimum of 3 nights (two full days) and thats still not great.... Forget it...

14 days... do Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Khao Sok National Park (try a company like Kris at www.limestonelaketours.com who could pick you up from Surat Thani airport and drop you to the Samui ferry after .. look at their jungle magic tour .. fantastic) and then Samui

Bangkok 2-3 days

Chiang Mai 4-5 days

Khao Sok 2-3 days

Samui Whatever is left over!

I did a similar route in my first trip.. you can see my blogs for ideas at www.travelblog.org/bloggers/reet

Happy to help you with itinerary if needed

Reet

7. Re: 14 Day Itinerary in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 03, 2012