We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand vs Indonesia... HELP PLEASE!!!!

Cape Town, South...
3 posts
Save Topic
Thailand vs Indonesia... HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hi

My girlfriend have a month or 2 free in December, January and are wanting to plan a trip to either Indonesia or Thailand and maybe the surrounding countries. And we need some travel advice!!!

We are South Africans, currently studying and looking for a cheap backpacking / affordable accomodation / adventure holiday.

Would you please give us some pointers as to which country you would recommend, its culture, prices, sites, where to visit, etc!!

Thanks

Stephen

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand vs Indonesia... HELP PLEASE!!!!

You need to consider weather and visa requirements amongst other things. Also, Indonesia is a huge country spreading from near Thailand to close to Australia; Thailand is much smaller. December and January are the best times weatherwise in Thailand, but because of that its peak season. Indonesia tends to be cheaper than Thailand but IMO not as interesting.

Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand vs Indonesia... HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hi,

agree with dragonc;been to Java,Bali,Lombok and Sulaweesi all very lovely places but not something to say next year i come back(my opinion)then went to Thailand(1999) and keep coming back 1 or 2 times a year up to now

Why?culture,cheap good food,cheap transport,Thai people,very good hotels all price range,lovely beaches,Bangkok,Chiang Mai,Hua Hin etc.....ooohh and my wife is Thai so....

Thailand
Level Contributor
815 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand vs Indonesia... HELP PLEASE!!!!

In just a month or so, you would only be able to see one part of Indonesia, while in Thailand every region.

Thailand wins hands down.

4. Re: Thailand vs Indonesia... HELP PLEASE!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 05, 2011