We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices of Electronics in Thailand

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Prices of Electronics in Thailand

Hi,

I will be in Thailand in November and I was thinking about buying a new camera. What are the prices of electronic goods compared to Singapore and Europe? I was in Singapore few years ago and I know over there its 30% cheaper to buy a camera then in Europe. How is it Thailand?

And if it's cheaper then EU, what are the best places to buy electronics? Is it in Duty Free at the Airport or somewhere in Bangkok like Chinatown?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices of Electronics in Thailand

Electronics are not much different price to the Uk (not sure about Eire). Also there are models that are only available in this region, plus guarantees can be restricted. Better to buy at home in the duty free or possibly in Singapore.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices of Electronics in Thailand

Electronics are not much different price to the Uk (not sure about Eire). Also there are models that are only available in this region, plus guarantees can be restricted. Better to buy at home in the duty free or possibly in Singapore.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,454 posts
2,108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices of Electronics in Thailand

These days you will find online offers that are better than duty free prices and prices at supposedly much cheaper countries and you will have the knowledge of as full guarantee.

I looked at prices of Nintendo DS lites, Sony PSP in shopping malls in Bangkok and found them to be more expensive than the UK.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
4. Re: Prices of Electronics in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, April 04, 2010