We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

San Francisco
Level Contributor
927 posts
185 reviews
103 helpful votes
Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

Is it possible to rent a pocket WiFi in Taiwan?

Are there any recommendations about which service to use?

Thanks a lot!

80 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
41. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

Hi! I decided to go to Taiwan for 6 days vacation, and now I am looking for something get a wifi for my non-sim card tablet. In a Japanese guidebook, I read an advertisement for a pocket wifi, it is TW $100 per day with discount, the company called Taiwan HORIZON WIFI. Does anyone have an experience of use it?? Does this pocket wifi device have any problems to use wifi in anywhere in Taiwan?

Besides, I am interested in 中華電信 (Chunghwa Telecom), CHT Wi-Fi prepaid card . Is this also good as renting a pocket wifi?

http://wifi.hinet.net/en/index.html

I haven't decided destinations in Taiwan, but I travel by car and go to scenic places incluing hiking in high mountains. I don't know the wifi air hot-spots can be good anywhere in Taiwan, if I get a 中華電信 prepaid card??

Is there any pocket wifi company(s) that can be rent & return in Taiwan?

I appreciate any inputs for me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
79 reviews
70 helpful votes
42. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

Anyone have views as to the three counters that rent devices at TPE airport?

Cost/speed etc. etc. coverage?

Edited: 2:54 pm, August 09, 2016
1 post
1 review
43. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

Hello, Been doing research on this topic for upcoming trip and have narrowed it down to two: iVideo and KKday. For iVideo, does it have to be purchased in preset number of days packages or can it be based on number of days desired e.g. four, seven? Another thing is, what is the difference between CHT 4G and the other 4G devices as there is a $1 difference in price? For both companies, what is the quality of the 4G units and what is the quality of service in Taipei? Thank you.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
44. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

To what2downhat2do,

I was considering to rent a wifi from iVideo or KKday for my Taiwan travel in last June; I finally decided to rent a pocket Wifi from KKday, actually the shop at TPE airport is called 遊客東邦/Unite Traveler. They use Chunghwa Telecom. I haven't ever rented from other companies, so I can't compare; but I was satisfied to use it from KKday because there was no problems even though I was in the high mountain region for hiking. It was easy to pick up & return at TPE airport.

Edited: 7:34 am, October 09, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
7 reviews
8 helpful votes
45. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

To KJ,

Hi. I don't know actually meaning of "three counters that rent devices", but I saw counters for Sim card(s).

This is Japanese websites, but you can figure out the photos that shows different companies' counters and their sim card price list Perhaps you can try to understand/read the Japanese info by Google translate.

digital-cat.com/travel/…

https:/…

http://websae.net/taiwan-wifi-20140304/

7 posts
46. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

As long as you don't go to the deep mountains, both telecoms are good enough. If you book iVideo wifi, I suggest you to use English interface, it is only $2 a day. And they have discount coupon in the reviews. I have redeemed for $30. So last time, I paid for nothing to go to Taiwan. And their Europe wifi is $4 a day, I redeemed another $20, so I just pay $2 a day for Europe wifi. Don't know if this is the website bug? Here are new coupons they can be used lately. If you need to rent wifi, redeem this coupon first, then it will be very cheap. AKXZZZMJEOJFLQII, AKKZZZMKEOJFMRII, AKDZZZLJDNIELPHH, and the website link is: http://en.ivideo.com.tw

Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
79 reviews
21 helpful votes
47. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

You can order a pocket wifi for your stay in Taiwan through the Klook website or app. https:/… The rental costs USD 2 (TWD 55) per day. Pickup and return of the device is at the airport.

You also get a discount in Klook if someone gives you an invite code.

Manila, Philippines
7 posts
48. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

Hi themonkeytravels, are they any good when roaming around Taipei?

Edited: 8:32 pm, April 06, 2017
Virginia
Level Contributor
69 posts
79 reviews
21 helpful votes
49. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

Hi SnowyDoo! I've seen good reviews on it including blog posts of fellow Filipino travelers who rented a pocket wifi. I wasn't able to try it because I opted for the sim card to be able to make calls in Taipei. I got my sim card via Klook.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
15 helpful votes
50. Re: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan

Recently rent pocket wifi through iVideo. I have to admit i have doubts since it was so cheap. 10usd for 4 days 3 night.

It was a good gamble. Good connection throughout. No complaints since it was really cheap.

You have to book a few days earlier in order to get it cheap. I booked 2 pocket wifi iVideo directly from their website.

They will give all the relevent infomation on where to pick up the item etc etc.

Stayed in taipei early August 2017

Reply to: Pocket WiFi rental in Taiwan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted