We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taiwan Have Fun Travel

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Taiwan Have Fun Travel

Have Fun Travel in Taiwan have taken money from my credit card without my permission. I have been trying to get it back from them for 3 months but with no success. Has anyone else had experience of this company?

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

I just checked online, they are a legit company! Tel: 02-25433399, try calling them to see if the problem could be resolved, otherwise you could also get your credit card company to deal with them.

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

Thanks, I will do that

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

Hi retiree sir,

How did they take money without your permission in the first place?

Curiously, what transpired between you & them to cause this incident?

In any case, taking from your cc without your explicit permission is simply not right.. Unless there's a miscommunication somewhere..

TaipeiAlive :)

http://taipeidreams.com

Edited: 6:01 am, July 30, 2012
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

Hi; there may be reasons or excuses for them but the point is that they have admitted in writing that they were wrong; then continually made promises to return the money and now simply won't return it (£800 Sterling!)

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

So I see.

Admitting wrongdoing, promising to return your money yet haven't - that's sad and bad!

Thanks for explaining.

Enjoy an enriching retirement!

TaipeiAlive :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

Have you paid up ur credit card? If yes, send the letter they sent to you and ask for dispute. Usually the bank will deal with it if you have evidence.

Lafayette...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

I have had the same problem with this company. I booked and took a tour with them, and they charged an additional amount to my credit card eight months after I completed the tour. They have admitted it was a mistake but have not refunded the amount.

I have never had difficulties like this before, despite having traveled to over 90 countries. I usually prefer to deal with local tour companies, and have always had very good experiences. This issue makes me rethink my approach. My trip to Taiwan was a very last-minute thing, and I was not able to vet this company fully.

While the tour was okay, I would never use them again and recommend that no one else deal with this company.

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

Have Fun Travel have now sorted things out and are being helpful, they have returned my money and offered to refund the interest that I was forced to pay on my credit card. We are continuing with our holiday to Taiwan with them in March which we are looking forward to, and I will post another update when I return.

singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

O was planning a trip with them now, how's ur march trip?

10. Re: Taiwan Have Fun Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, June 20, 2013