We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outskirts of Taipei

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
outskirts of Taipei

Hi, i have been to Taiwan 2 times with tour groups and I'm going to Taipei again this july with my friends on a free and easy holiday. we have been to most of the tourist places. The reason why we are back is for shopping, food and visiting new places. Anyone has any recommendations on places less known but worth visiting? We also like outskirts and countryside area as long as they are not too far away from Taipei. Since we are students, it would be better if the price isn't too high too. Thanks!

Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
397 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: outskirts of Taipei

Have you been to Taichung or central of Taiwan in the last 2 times?

roundtaiwanround.tumblr.com/tagged/Taichung

It's only 1 hour away from Taipei by HSR.

If you love hiking but don't have much experience, try Hehuanshan (Mt. Hehuan) in Nantou. The sunset is gorgeous. At night, thousands of stars, even Milky Way, hanging in the night sky.

roundtaiwanround.tumblr.com/tagged/Hehuanshan

2. Re: outskirts of Taipei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:43 am, June 18, 2013