We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edison Travel Service or Green Island Adventures

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
907 posts
534 reviews
Save Topic
Edison Travel Service or Green Island Adventures

Good day!

My husband and I would like to use the services of a local travel company to take a day trip to Taroko National Park.

The Bradt guide book recommends Edison Travel Service and Green Island Adventures. Both companies charge the same ( $ 169 US per person) and offer the same services ( pick up at hotel, flight there and train back, lunch, English speaking guide, etc.

Has anyone used any of these companies and recommend their services?

Many thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Edison Travel Service
Edison Travel Service
214 Reviews
Zhongshan District, Taipei
Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Edison Travel Service or Green Island Adventures

My husband and I used Eddie from Green Island Adventures and Edison Travel for different trips. Eddie is the best, he is friendly and knowledgeable. The perfect host and makes your trip the very best.

Edison was good but he guide was hard to understand and rushed us through the trips both times. We used them on 2 separate occasions and both times felt rushed.

Green Island Adventures has been our best trip to date and Green Island is the most wonderful secluded island with a relaxing atmosphere and great diving sites, even if you just go snorkeling. He is English speaking native but fluent in Mandarin so he is very helpful.

If you have any specific questions let me know I would be happy to help.

~JM Sloop, USA

Innsbruck, Austria
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Edison Travel Service or Green Island Adventures

We (my wife, our daughter 18 months, and I) rented a car from Green Island Adventures to go everywhere in Taiwan. We agreed via email on the rate and where to meet. Eddie came to Tainang, handed the car over to us and we were on the road. We agreed on meeting again 11 days later at the airport. Very easy and relaxing. We drove Sun Moon Lake, Taipei, Taroko Gorge, and Wuling, at 3,275 metres above sea level (it is the highest automobile pass in Taiwan).

Eddie wants you to feel well - and he reallly succeded - we felt very well and enjoyed traveling in Eddies "Green Island Adventures" rental car.

Cheers, Andreas & Beate & Janne, Austria.

PS: Eddie asked for a cash deposit (to pay speeding tickets). At the airport he refunded 50%n in cash and the other 50% per banktransfere. Luckily he did not receive any speeding or parking ticket. Thus, we got back the full amount. Thanks to Eddie and I am happy telling you, that you can trust Eddie!

Mentioned in this post
Green Island
Green Island
322 Reviews
Taitung City, Taitung
Sun Moon Lake
Sun Moon Lake
2,215 Reviews
Yuchi, Nantou
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Taroko Gorge
Taroko Gorge
2,337 Reviews
Xiulin, Hualien
Wuling
Wuling
101 Reviews
Ren'ai Township, Nantou
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Edison Travel Service or Green Island Adventures

My wife and I just got back from Green island. Eddie took care of us from the moment we got off the train. He had a driver waiting for us and took us to his hostel for the night, since we couldn't get an earlier train. Once we got off the ferry the fun really began. Our over charismatic driver Mori met us and gave a quick tour of the island. Then he showed us our room gave us our snorkling gear & tossed us a key to a scooter. He said have fun and we were on our way. The food is great, beaches are beautiful, people very polite, hot springs are really interesting.

All and all I recommend green island adventures to everyone. A+ service.

Kris & Allison

PA. USA

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Edison Travel Service or Green Island Adventures

My wife and I just got back from Green island. Eddie took care of us from the moment we got off the train. He had a driver waiting for us and took us to his hostel for the night, since we couldn't get an earlier train. Once we got off the ferry the fun really began. Our over charismatic driver Mori met us and gave a quick tour of the island. Then he showed us our room gave us our snorkling gear & tossed us a key to a scooter. He said have fun and we were on our way. The food is great, beaches are beautiful, people very polite, hot springs are really interesting.

All and all I recommend green island adventures to everyone. A+ service.

Kris & Allison

PA. USA

15. Re: Edison Travel Service or Green Island Adventures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 15, 2013