We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Taiwan next month. Would like to know from everyone here, which flights the best to book?

Singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

Hi,

If you need a direct flight, Eva Air is the cheapest but timing not good. If I'm not wrong, it ETD SIN ard 1400hrs & ETD TPE 0600.

Singapore Airline & China Airline also fly direct.

Hope it help :)

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

best comfort : SQ

best timing :SQ or CI (national carriers seem to always get the best timings)

best value for money: CI

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

I will be going to Taipei this April. I agree that Singapore Airlines and China Airlines have the best timings. I will be flying with Singapore Airlines. Departure to Taipei is around 12pm and Return from Taipei around 6pm. :)

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

hey hi,

I usually fly with jetstar. even though is not that comfortable but timing is good and cheaper.

Singapore
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

Someone told me that CI is now using new planes, so quite on par with SQ.

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

no, it is not quite on par with SQ, their seats are not quite as well designed as the ones on SQ and I suspect they never will be; not that I'm complaining though, as their fare is a lot cheaper than SQ.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

China Airlines will never be on par with Singapore Airlines in terms of comfort or service. I have since stopped taking China Airlines after 2 unhappy incidents back to my husband's hometown with my girl who was just 1 year old back then. They even refused to allocate us the bulkhead seats on both trips back and gave it to their local young men and women instead. 6 babies all from singapore were all cramped at the back of the plane. They don't provide any kids meal or anything to occupy the kids like Singapore Airlines. Then they complained our kids are noisy.. Bad experience!

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

Actually, they do provide kid's meals on CI and the reservation staff always enquire if it is needed when you make a booking for the kids. And it is their policy to allocate bassinet seats to family travelling with babies. I travel to n fro S'pore quite often with my 2 kids and the bulkhead happens to be our favorite seats due to the extra leg room.There was this once when they moved us from my reserved bulkhead seats to row two in favour of an Australian family of four with one baby and a kid not much younger than my own. So I guess I lost out that time because we did not have a baby in tow., heh heh.

lovexuan, I think it is quite inexcusable to cram 6 babies in the back when the bassinets are not otherwise taken. I would have made a complaint there and then on the plane and make sure they rectify their mistakes. 6 babies is too much....

I think there's no question that SQ is the best choice of the lot , their kids amenities, video and games selections, the yummy Hagen Daaz... beats CI and Eva hands down but unfortunately, I have cheaped out years ago.

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

Ouch!

Maria, U went living/ working in Taiwan, yet U still root for SQ. And even voice yr complaints - as Singaporeans do.

Way to go!

TaipeiAlive :-)

http://taipeidreams.com

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best flight from Singapore to Taiwan

To TA,

What are you talking about? Root? It's not like I'm a cactus plant or something ...No, I'm just being, ahem, objective; afterall, SQ did come in 1st in the airlines poll for several years in a roll.

However, you are quite right on one take, birds never really change color of their feathers, still complaining away vociferously after all these years, old habits die hard , you see.