We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taoyuan to Taichung

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
327 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taoyuan to Taichung

Can I buy a FreeGo ticket to Taichung after I arrived at Taoyuan airport? I should be arriving around 3.30pm. I reckon the journey to Taichung is 2h?

Anybody knows the ticket price?

I went to FreeGo's website but it's all so confusing. I only gathered that the 1st bus is 5.30am and last bus 2.30am, 30min interval between buses during normal hours, 15min during peak hours (when is that?). But can't find ticketing info.

Other than by coach, is there any other way to get to Taichung? Is it very troublesome to catch a bus to Taoyuan HSR station, then catch the HSR to Taichung?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,671 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taoyuan to Taichung

Public buses services at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TTIA):

taoyuanairport.gov.tw/english/Publish.jsp…

Select “Transportation/Buses/Taichung” from the menu on left of screen.

A bus ride from TTIA to Taichung Railway Station takes about 2 hrs.

The fastest way is probably by United bus 705 to Taoyuan HSR Station for HSR train ride to Taichung HSR Station. Fare: NT$30 Travel time: About 20 mins.

United Bus link: www.ubus.com.tw/onlineservice/LINEserach.asp

Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR): http://www.thsrc.com.tw/tw/index.htm

The HSR train ride takes about 40 mins.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
172 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taoyuan to Taichung

I'd highly recommend the Ubus to/from Taichung, dirt cheap, very comfortable with individual tv screens showing movies, 24 hour regular schedule to/from airport, and they drop-off/pick-up at 2 locations in Taichung. At the airport pickup is from the ground floor bus loading area next to where you buy your ticket, drop-off is at the departure level.

taoyuanairport.gov.tw/english/Publish.jsp…

3. Re: Taoyuan to Taichung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 08, 2010