We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

malaysia
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

I heard that it is more convenient to stay in a hotel near the Taipei Railway station, as it would be easy to travel via MRT or rail to Jiufen , Tamshui etc

Can anyone recommend a good 4 star hotel ? Need free wifi if possible

Thanks

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

Checked hotel near Taipei station, there are not much selection, maybe you can check with "Caesar Park Hotel"

Most selection on Zhongshan district., 1-2 MRT stop close by Taipei Station for 4-5 stars, it is rare. Evergreen Laurel Hotel, Hotel Royal Nikko, Regent Taipei Hotel.

Or another hotels area with 4-5 stars are in City Hall Taipei, there are many 4-5 stars hotel there too and close by Taipei 101

2. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:06 am, October 27, 2017
Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

salim. they called jieyun meaning rapid transport, i always told my friend as metro taipei.

Edited: 9:45 am, November 24, 2016
4. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:06 am, October 27, 2017
Edited: 3:06 am, October 27, 2017
Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

most of the taiwanese english speaker still call taipei metro as "jieyun", but if we speak with foreigner i will refer the local train in taipei as "metro taipei" or sometimes call it as subway.

For the normal regular railway connect between cities, we call it as TRA (Taiwan Railway Administration). For the high speed train/bullet train, we called as HSR (High Speed Rail)

Tainan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
928 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

Most Taiwanese understand what MRT is even he or she don't speak English.

But they called Jieyun the most, which is the Chinese of MRT.

----

metro in Taipei/Kaohsiung: MRT(well-known), Jieyun

high-speed train: HSR, Gaotie

light rail transit: LRT, Qinggui

bus rapid transit: BRT(well-known), BRT(almost nobody use the Chinese name, Gongche Jieyun or Kuai'jie Bashi)

other railway:railway, Tielu

railway operates by taiwan railway administration:TRA or railway, Taitie or Tielu

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,984 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

Suway is subway whatever name you use, we just call it subway.

I have stayed at Caesar Park Hotel many times. There is direct access to main station from the hotel elevator, which has shopping mall, food court, subways, train and high speed train. It is about US$100-$120. Nearby neighborhood is also busy with shops and restaurants, including 24 hours stationery store. It is the best hotel in that area.

United States
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

i suggest not worry about staying near main station because you will be traveling around and instead stay in area that matches your desires. It's easy and fairly quick to get to station from nearly anywhere. It is an interesting area though with a lot of street level action and fun to walk around.

I think the only true modern 4-star hotel in the area is Palais de Chine, http://www.palaisdechinehotel.com/en-us/.

The others may claim to be 4-star, but are typically a little older without the superior service and attention to detail hat comes with a 4-star hotel. I'd call them Taiwan 4-star which would be Palais de Chine at Taiwan 5-star.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

I stayed at Caesar Park last year when some friends came. It was convenient but very dated with bad air conditioning and bathrooms, unless you can guarantee a remodeled room I wouldn't stay there.

I've been staying at the new Aloft hotel new Minquan E. Road and Zhongshan Elementary MRT stops. It just opened last year, has a 24 hour small nightmarket/food street behind it and is much better for about the same price, approximately $100 US or cheaper per night if they have a special.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 star hotel near Taipei Railway station or MRT

Aloft is new hotel, high recommend to stay in Taipei.