We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-July: What can I do in Taiwan?!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
205 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-July: What can I do in Taiwan?!

Hello! I'm going to Taiwan in another 2 weeks' time and I know I'm gonna hit smack into one of the hottest period of the year...

Now.. is there any recommended places I can go that is slightly cooler? I only have 6 full days so I don't think I have the time to do the outlying islands though...

OK, heat aside... Let's say I am all geared to beat the heat and anywhere goes. Is there any fruits or flowers in season right now that I can do a day trip or visit? I've been to Taiwan several times but i wish to bring my sister this time for a peaceful one-night stay in a minsu if possible. The last time I stayed with her at Starry Resort in Chingjing she enjoyed it pretty much.

I'm still racking my brains where else I can go in July. Meanwhile feel free to throw in some suggestions? Thanks! :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-July: What can I do in Taiwan?!

Hi

Yes July is quite hot. I guess cingjing and alishan is cooler but alishan train not working.

Can see my blog for cingjing and alishan trip www.wretch.cc/blog/sflow00

Low

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
205 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-July: What can I do in Taiwan?!

Thanks for the prompt reply...

I heard sunflowers and lychees might be still in season. Appreciate if anyone has any nice places to recommend too!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,323 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-July: What can I do in Taiwan?!

Sun & Green Farm (向陽農場), Taoyuan County http://emmm.tw/L3_content.php?L3_id=161

Address: 桃園縣觀音鄉藍埔村11鄰52號 

Largest sun flower farm in Northern Taiwan.

This thread has some information: tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g293913-i9546-k…

4. Re: Mid-July: What can I do in Taiwan?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, October 06, 2012