We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi charges from transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
67 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi charges from transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan

What are approximate charges in USD for AC Taxi / private AC car transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan and back?

Is it better to prebook? Staying in Chitwan for 5 nights.

Thanks

Level Contributor
335 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi charges from transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan

Hi,

The fare would be aorund USD 100 for each way private car with ac. Taxis in Kathmandu are generally not in good conidition for any distance travel. You can finalise the details beforehand and once you are in Kathmandu see the car, meet the driver and the service provider then only part with your money.

Uttam Sapkota

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi charges from transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan

It is cheaper and more comfortable to take a Greenline bus.

http://www.greenline.com.np/rates.php

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi charges from transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan

@ Lisbeth

whether it's cheaper or not depends on the group size. For sure for a couple the bus is always cheaper. For larger groups it's cheaper to hire their own AC-vehicle

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi charges from transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan

let me be blunt here -

don't even bother with taxis in nepal for long distance travel. in 70s and 80s only thing that was allowed were japnense made toyotas. now all they have are these tiny tinker toy tin boxes in the name of taxis - that are made in India. they are tiny, mostly with no a/c, no decent shocks, no good seats, nothing - very uncomfortable ride. taking these for a road travel in nepal is a torture (don't even get me started with the road conditions in nepal - a freshly dug land mine would be less bumpier and dustier than roads in nepal) . take a toyota commuter van instead – there are plenty of them for hire – if you have more people in your group that is. If you are alone – just fly – it might be cheaper than renting them taxis.

AJ

ps I love Nepal but don't care for road conditions and modes of transportation there.

jakarta
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi charges from transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan

What would it cost for 1 person in a commuter van? What do you guys think of Chitwan?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi charges from transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan

for 1 person it is chepaer (and less hectic) to fly - plus you don't have to pay for the driver dude to sit idle until you take the trip back - van could be anywhere from $150-$200. flight to Bharatpur is about $160 RT I think.

we think Chitwan is great but it all depends on what you are after?

7. Re: Taxi charges from transfer from kathmandu to Chitwan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Chitwan National Park