We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from kodali to pokhara

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
from kodali to pokhara

Hello everybody, I and my friend we will be in Kodali in 3 days ready to cross the border and start the journey in Nepal.

We would like to start the trip from Pokhara but we can't find info about how to get there (if is possible) from kodali and if is not where we could stay for the night on the way to Pokhara.

We were thinking about bandipur (we would like to avoid Khatmandu since we will stay several days later on) but we can't find any bus infornation to get there.

any suggestions?

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from kodali to pokhara

Hello,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

It seems that you are talking about Kodari not Kodali which is Nepal - China border. Well, there are no direct buses to Pokhara from Kodari as per my knowledge. You have to take a bus to Kathmandu and then to Pokhara.

If you reach Kathmandu early then you can take another bus / van to Bandipur and stay there. Else you may need to sleep in Kathmandu for a night and then drive to Pokhara next day.

Good Luck!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from kodali to pokhara

Thank you for your replay and your welcome!

Yes sorry is Kodari!!

I imaged that there are no directed buses.

Do you have idea where i can find buses time table? or i can check just when i'm there?

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from kodali to pokhara

You can just check when you are here.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from kodali to pokhara

can't get to pokhara from kodari without going through ktm - that's the kicker

you can do this two ways

1 - get on a public bus - get to ktm then get on another public bus and get to pkr

2 - arrange a private transportation like a car and get to pkr in one shot zippin through ktm without stopping

first one will burn anywhere from day and a half to two days and will be relatively cheaper if you don't have to spend the night in ktm

the second one - you can do it in about 7 hours if you pre-arrange a vehicle but can easily cost you $200 or so

there are several outfits in ktm providing car service

you can google them or let me know if you need a recommendation

Edited: 11:27 pm, May 10, 2014
Varberg, Sweden
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from kodali to pokhara

Hi, I hope it is okay to jump in in this thread and ask about Kodari.

What can you do for activities in Kodari and around?

Thanks

6. Re: from kodali to pokhara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:32 am, July 22, 2014
7. Re: from kodali to pokhara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 24, 2015