We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

Pecs,Hungary
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

Hello,

We go to Nepal at the end of October. We plan a short (3 days – 2 nights) trek from Pokhara. (We will not have more days for trekking)

We’d like to have views with Annapurna, Machhapuchhare peaks and try to avoid the walkings through just forrest.

Which trek do you recommend?

We think about Gurung Lodge Trek (through Chandrakot,Lumle like this without the commercial programs goway.com/asia/nepal/ne_trek_gurung_trek.html ).

Is it doable without guide?

As another option, is the Poon Hill trek doable in 3 days?

Any other picturesque trek with views?

Thanks

Gabor

Kathmandu, Nepal
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

Thank you very much for post. itenerary of 2 night 3 trekking around Pokhara.

Option 1.

Day 1. Pokhara to Dhampus. Vovernight at hotel

Day 2. dhampus to Sarangkot. Overnight at hotel

Day 3. Sarangkot to Pokhara

Option 2.

Day 1. Pokhara to Ghandruk

Day 2. Ghandruk to Tolka

Day 3. Tolka to Pokhara

I hope, obove itenerary will meet to your desire. If not feel free to write.

Regards

krishna man

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

May I ask...why would you want to go without a guide?

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

I would highly recommend you to do Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek which is doable in 3 days time. That will be the best and amazing trekking for you rather than the one you are planning for. Ghorepani Trek is simply the best trek of Nepal.

Here is plan:

Day 01: Drive to Nayapul, trek to Tikhedhunga or Ulleri [private transportation / taxi recommended]

Day 02: Trek to Ghorepani village

Day 03: Early morning hike to Poon Hill for amazing views of Himalayan panorama and sunrise, trek back to Nayapul, drive to Pokhara

I do not think that there are better treks than this one for 3 days.

The trek is doable without a trekking guide but my personal recommendation is get a guide for your safety and for getting more information from the trek.

Enjoy!

Pecs,Hungary
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

Thank you to all of you!

It seems we will pick the Poon Hill trek in 3 days then.

Do you think it is doable to complete the circle in 3 days?

1st day Nayapul - Ghandruk

2nd day Ghandruk - Ghorepani

3rd days -Ghorepani (Poon Hill) - Nayapul

just to avoid the trek on the same way back...

thanks again

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

Probably if you are experienced and strong hiker. The hardest I will find is from Ghandruk to Ghorepani. I have done the circuit two times; one in 4 days with my wife and another in 5 days with my friends. If you are not experienced and strong hiker then it's not recommended!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
987 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

I did the three day trek you asked about:

1st day Nayapul - Ghandruk

2nd day Ghandruk - Ghorepani

3rd days -Ghorepani (Poon Hill) - Nayapul,

but I found day 3 the hardest because you have to go down hundreds of steps. However day 3 can be shortened if you can get a taxi along the recently made road before reaching Naya Pul. The only reason our day 2 was long was because we had a couple of 60-90 minute breaks to avoid the rain showers and that was without a really early morning start.

7. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:25 pm, January 30, 2013
Edited: 7:25 pm, January 30, 2013
Kathmandu, Nepal
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

Hi there,

Yes Ghorepani-Poonhill trek is best for you.

Binod

9. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:25 pm, January 30, 2013
Kathmandu, Nepal
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Short trek from Pokhara (3 days, 2nights)

Sarankot Day One

Potana day Two

landruk Day Three

Pokhara day Four

Or

Landruk day 1

Pothana day 2

Pokhara vai sarangkot day 3

Get answers to your questions about Pokhara