We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit in Nepal

Dhaka City...
9 posts
Save Topic
Visit in Nepal

I am a Bangladeshi passport holder. I am going to visit India. I have Indian visa. If I want to visit Nepal what should I do? Should I get Nepal visa from Bangladesh. or I can get Port entry visa from Nepal?

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit in Nepal

You get visa upon arrival, you do not need to go back to Bangladesh and get one. Just fill up the form upon your arrival in immigration checkpoint then you are ready to enter.

http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit in Nepal

You can get your visa upon arrival either at the airport or if you doing the overland journey at the immigration offices but make sure you have copies of your passport photos and do not bring in the 500 and 1000 Indian rupee bills into nepal as they not accepted!

Dhaka City...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit in Nepal

Thanks for your reply.....

Please answer the below question plz:

1. I will enter in Kolkata by road (Haridaspur) from Bangladesh. Has there any problem for Arrival visa if I enter from Haridaspur.

2. which route will be better for me to enter in Nepal from Kolkata by Train/BUS...

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Masud.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
52 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit in Nepal

Hi,

2.You can enter through Raxaul/Birgunj in Bihar. From kolkata there are 2 trains to reach there. It's the closest one from kolkata.

Another is through Sanauli/Bahirhawa in Uttar Pradesh

5. Re: Visit in Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 pm, July 17, 2014
Dhaka City...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit in Nepal

From New Jalpaiguri (India) how can I go to Kathmandu (Nepal) by train/bus?

Mention the Time, transport cost and distance please.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
52 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit in Nepal

From New Jalpaiguri you have to reach Siliguri and then to Panitanki(the indian side border town) by bus,it takes 15-30mins ,have to cross the border which is actually a bridge of 2KM over a river to Kakarbhitta(nepal border town),then you have to proceed to your destination by bus.Please note that from Kakarbitta the distance to Kathmandu,Pokhara etc is the longest and takes more than 12-14hrs ,which is less if you enter through Bihar or Uttar Pradesh.

Thanks

Ranit

Dhaka City...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visit in Nepal

Thanks.

Dhaka City...
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visit in Nepal

Thanks a lot..

I will stay for 2 days only in Nepal.So can you please advise me where can I visit in this 2 days. Near Nepal border?

Which has good natural scenery and other facilities such as Kathmandu.

10. Re: Visit in Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 17, 2015