We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
Save Topic
Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

Hi

Would be visiting Nepal with my husband in Oct.......

The trip as suggested is like:-

13th Arrival n leisure at KTM (flight lands around 4 in the evening).Stay at Hotel Shankar

14th Sightseeing n overnight at KTM

15th Leave for Chitwan and on way visit Manakamana Temple. Overnight at Greenpark.

16th Elephant n jeep safari at Chitwan

17th Leave for Pokhara. Stay at Waterfront Resort Hotel.

18th Pokhara sight seeing

19th Visit to Poon Hill / mountain view air ride

20th Leave pokhara for Nagarkot. Overnight at club himalayas

21st Leave for airport for return

Just wanted suggestions whether this itinerary with recommended lodgings is good. Also any other inclusions or places where we can visit or plan during our stay.

Thanks in advance for helping us out.......

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

The itinerary looks good, doable. I know some of the accommodation providers that you mentioned, they are nice ones. I am sure that you will have good experience in Nepal. I know Hotel Shankar, Greenpark, Club Himalaya but not sure about Waterfront. These are nice hotels that will surely help you to get good sleep.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

Hi there

Your plan seems really great. Those hotels are quite popular and nice. I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Nepal. Most of the places are covered on your itinerary already.

God luck!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

Hi Welcome to Trip Ad visor forum Nepal

The proposed your own itinerary seems looks great good within your limited time frame and much more travelling places are covered.Nothing to add and option.As mentioned earlier old post has given plenty of good feedback and hopefully your travel will en joyful during in Nepal.Happy travel...

Edited: 11:42 pm, July 03, 2014
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
11,427 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

Visiting Poon Hill is not practical in a day - most people take 4 days for this trek but it can be done in less.

There is a jeep track to Tirkhedunga (I think) but it is still some 6 hours trekking from there. Less time is needed on the way back to the jeep (which you will need to hire for the whole day. The round trip in the jeep will take at least 3 hours. It looks about 13 hours plus time for food - without the mountain flight.

I could be wrong and the posters above might explain how long it will take.

scoodly

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

You might want to think about going even closer to the mountains...with the glider closer to the Annapurna base camps and the Machhapuchhere base camps...the best experience you can ever get in the Himalayas!

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

Apart from the notion of visiting Poon Hill in a single day, your itinerary is doable if rushed and doesn’t leave any spare time to account for delays – So fingers crossed for no Bandh’s !!

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

Hey thanks everyone for your valuable inputs.....

@ NPL GUY........can u suggest some good hotels in Pokhara......

@ scoodly n into-thin-air....thanks for the advice on poon hill..can u suggest the possible places we can visit during our 3 nights stay in Pokhara

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

The Itinerary is good, but i suggest you to take a mountain flight to Everest too.and while your stay in chitwan, i suggest you to take jungle safari in jeep,it will help you to explore jungle more closely and most chances to see wild animals.if you have time. why dont you visit lumbini, the birth place of lord buddha

9. Re: Visit to Nepal 13th to 21st Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 08, 2015