We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain biking in Kathmandu

Miri, Malaysia
2 posts
Save Topic
Mountain biking in Kathmandu

My brother and I are planning to do some mountain biking trip in mid-July in Kathmandu.

Can anyone enlighten us with suggestions for best route for a 1 day bike trip?

also, would it be a good idea to do it in July? I know it's the monsoon season, just wondering if there are other routes which are pleasant to ride all year-round.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountain biking in Kathmandu

Kathmandu - Kakani - Budhanilkatha is quite popular for day mountain biking in Nepal. It's monsoon season so I think it's not really a good idea though I guess you know more than I do.

Miri, Malaysia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountain biking in Kathmandu

i see, so that means mountain biking is definitely not a good idea.

So, if I were to come during the monsoon season, say, for 5 days, what would be the best itinerary for me and my brother?

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mountain biking in Kathmandu

If you are coming in monsoon season, and you have strong desire for Mountain Biking day tour, its better to do Kathmandu-Bhaktapur-Nagarkot-sakhu-kathmandu Tour which takes around 7-8 Hours. kathmandu -kakani-budanilkantha is not good good idea because of the single track. Also if you change mind because of weather, you can do 2 - 3 days hiking to Chispani- nagarkot and explore kathmandu city. oryou can travel to Pokhara.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mountain biking in Kathmandu

Hello,

Here is good start for you: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c182391/Nepal…

Good Luck!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mountain biking in Kathmandu

##Re: 02

Yeah, I think it's not good idea to do mountain biking in monsoon but as I said above I do not have much knowledge about it. You can visit around Kathmandu valley and add a night in Pokhara or somewhere out of Kathmandu.

6. Re: Mountain biking in Kathmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 23, 2015