Yet another last minute plan for me and as always, i depend heavily on TA's helpful crowd for suggestions. travelling with my daughter (16 months) and my wife, i need your suggestions on the following:
1. Weather: i checked the weather and it seems reasonable. (1 to 22 C). It doesnt get any colder than that or does it?
2. Visa: I am a pakistani national. It seems i can get the visa on arrival? Any known issues? following the advice on TA, i will keep the forms pre-filled to avoid queues. (read somewhere that there are SAARC discounts that i can avail. Can anybody elaborate?)
3. It seems khatmandu is known for its temples, old buildings and history. We are more into open air, mountains, lakes, streams, scenic countryside and a tad bit of adventure (rafting will be fun). Khatmandu doesnt sound like a place for us. Are there any nearby places to KTM that offers such things? Or is it my best bet Pokhara (7-10 hours by road?:( )
4. Transportation: generally i like to drive/ride myself around. I have driven in Karachi (coastal city with very bad traffic) and in Europe (Hills but good roads) but never in hills with bad roads. Would it be safe to drive in KTM or Pokhara or to whatever nearby area you guys suggest me to?
5. If pokhara it is, any suggested itenerary please.
Please feel free to answer any of the above and thanks in advance for your help.